Melvins song of the week.

Started by Mad Arab, March 03, 2012, 08:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

Quote from: black stallion on March 24, 2012, 12:18:24 PM
i think dc bought one of those,not sure
NOPE I bought one from some dude on the internet that seemed legit, but that thing was about as well put together as a retired whores plumbing. Paid about 4 hundy for it, then dropped another 2 hundy to get it worked on, then tried to fix the pickup situation myself. It currently resides at my exes dad's house. Thanks for reminding me I need to send the fuckstick that made the damn thing some hatemail.

Mad Arab

The song of the week is 'See How Pretty, See How Smart' from The Maggot. One of the heaviest and crushing songs they have in their catalog. I love this fanmade video.

The Melvins See How Pretty, See How Smart

The Bloated Pope

Amazing ending to an amazing album, I would kill to see them playing this tune live

JUDY

Agreed. One of my all time favourite Melvins tunes. This, and Charmicarmicat compete in being among the heaviest they have ever written. And I just LOVE how it ends with the jingle bells. Such a gentle touch to one of their most skull crushing songs.

Missed last weeks song. Once, a friend used THE BLOATED POPE to lure me into their car after a night of heavy drinking. I was prepared to walk home, but that was what made me agree to get in and get a ride...which was smart.

Melvins are like candy.

Lurch

kevin shines on this song.
This thread is great... Im still waiting for a certain song, hopefully it makes the rotation. :D

jules

Idlehanz

Quote from: jules on April 05, 2012, 05:45:51 AM
Quote from: )))((( on April 05, 2012, 05:41:30 AM
Quote from: jules on April 05, 2012, 05:35:54 AM
Best Revolve ever:

The Melvins Revolve live @ Bobs Garage
Which line up is playing? Mark?
It sounds like Mark; the sleeve notes are uninformative.
I remember listening to this.  I'm pretty sure it was Mark, but I'm not 100% sure.

homeless_dad

The song is relatively new to me as I got the maggot maybe a year ago.  It's a great song.  I really like the title.  "See how pretty, See how smart" not sure what it means or what's being described but it fits the song perfectly in an unsettling way. 

The title makes me think of a young female overachiever who's not what she seems.  She comes across sweet and innocent but something in your gut tells you she has a hidden darkside no one knows about.  Like she has a secret place where shetortures puppies or something and has no reguard for life.  A total psychopath.

Anybody know where the title comes from?
Is Ian back yet??

FartLips

Quote from: homeless_dad on April 05, 2012, 06:00:45 PM
The song is relatively new to me as I got the maggot maybe a year ago.  It's a great song.  I really like the title.  "See how pretty, See how smart" not sure what it means or what's being described but it fits the song perfectly in an unsettling way. 

The title makes me think of a young female overachiever who's not what she seems.  She comes across sweet and innocent but something in your gut tells you she has a hidden darkside no one knows about.  Like she has a secret place where shetortures puppies or something and has no reguard for life.  A total psychopath.

Cara.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

homeless_dad

Quote from: FartLips on April 05, 2012, 06:02:22 PM

Cara.
:-k :-s.  Who?
Is Ian back yet??

(((O)))

Quote from: homeless_dad on April 05, 2012, 06:10:25 PM

Cara.
She's a member on here who doesn't post very much. She's pretty, she's smart and into doom metal!  :love:

FartLips

Quote from: )))((( on April 06, 2012, 05:32:02 AM
Quote from: homeless_dad on April 05, 2012, 06:10:25 PM

Cara.
She's a member on here who doesn't post very much. She's pretty, she's smart and into doom metal!  :love:
whoa whoa whoa, i saw her first! :lol:
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol: