Author Topic: Melvins song of the week.  (Read 7026 times)

Offline FartLips

• louisville lip service
  • FART KONTROL
    • View Profile
Re: Melvins song of the week.
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
The song is relatively new to me as I got the maggot maybe a year ago.  It's a great song.  I really like the title.  "See how pretty, See how smart" not sure what it means or what's being described but it fits the song perfectly in an unsettling way. 

The title makes me think of a young female overachiever who's not what she seems.  She comes across sweet and innocent but something in your gut tells you she has a hidden darkside no one knows about.  Like she has a secret place where shetortures puppies or something and has no reguard for life.  A total psychopath.

Anybody know where the title comes from?
Cara.
http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=685
FartLips and Fartlips, LLC is not liable for damage done to any equipment used in the procurement of FartLips or Fartlips, LLC communications. Suck it.

Offline homeless_dad

• Handler
  • The lone melmon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »
The song is relatively new to me as I got the maggot maybe a year ago.  It's a great song.  I really like the title.  "See how pretty, See how smart" not sure what it means or what's being described but it fits the song perfectly in an unsettling way. 

The title makes me think of a young female overachiever who's not what she seems.  She comes across sweet and innocent but something in your gut tells you she has a hidden darkside no one knows about.  Like she has a secret place where shetortures puppies or something and has no reguard for life.  A total psychopath.

Cara.
:-k :-s.  Who?
"This community means about as much to me as a festering bowl of dog snot!!"

(((O)))

« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2012, 04:32:02 AM »

Cara.
She's a member on here who doesn't post very much. She's pretty, she's smart and into doom metal!  :love:

Offline FartLips

• louisville lip service
  • FART KONTROL
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2012, 08:37:36 AM »

Cara.
She's a member on here who doesn't post very much. She's pretty, she's smart and into doom metal!  :love:
whoa whoa whoa, i saw her first! :lol:
FartLips and Fartlips, LLC is not liable for damage done to any equipment used in the procurement of FartLips or Fartlips, LLC communications. Suck it.

Offline JUDY

• Global Moderator
  • Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »
She's pretty, she's smart and into doom metal!  :love:
I think you guys spelled my name wrong. It's J-U-D-Y  8)
I think we should put it in a jar labeled 'melvins'

Offline Afterbirthmilkshake

• gardening gloves
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »

WE ALL love Judy

Offline homeless_dad

• Handler
  • The lone melmon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »
Any female melvins fans' beauty increases 10 fold in my book, for the fact that they are a fan.
 :love: :love:

Offline Mount Ambulance

• Handler
  • Swimming the Lake Of Dracula
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2012, 10:35:22 AM »
See How Pretty, See How Smart, indeed a killer tune & indeed Kevin does shine ... love the bass line in this one. They should add it into the sets again; saw them do it live a couple times on the 1999 tour (pre-mummu days). Absolutely crushing and gross!!

There is a great version on the Euclid Tavern, Cleveland, OH. 1999-07-21 DVD ... I can't up vids ... but someone should ... 'cause it probably make ya wet yourself ... its that good!   
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain . . .

Offline FartLips

• louisville lip service
  • FART KONTROL
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2012, 02:39:46 PM »
Any female melvins fans' beauty increases 10 fold in my book, for the fact that they are a fan.
2nded!

Offline TheSwingSet

• knows moss
  • i forgot to get my pills, i've got to go downtown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2012, 09:53:22 PM »
2nded!

Agreed....i am actually getting married to a girl i've known for 13 years and took to her first string of Melvins shows down here in NC...

"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

Mad Arab

« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »

From Stoner Witch. An awesome song and highlight of the entire album. At the Stake: the newest Melvins song of the week!

Offline homeless_dad

• Handler
  • The lone melmon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2012, 10:21:57 PM »
One of the few songs that I'd prefer to hear from the album rather than live.  The production on this song is top notch.  I've mentioned this in an earlier post but the "ooO00ooOO000ooo00O" (thanks Dump) sound adds so much to the eerie nature of the song.  It's just hard to hear it live w/o that sound.
Lyrics are cool too!

Mad Arab

« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
I agree. This song is much better on the album.

Offline JUDY

• Global Moderator
  • Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2012, 05:29:13 PM »
Ahhh, yes.... The sea-change moment of STONER WITCH. I remember tuning in for the first time and being so confused by that curve ball that had just been thrown at my face....

The first half of the album hit so hard-but the real weirdness began with that track.

So. Slow. So. Heavy.
I think we should put it in a jar labeled 'melvins'

(((O)))

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2012, 05:25:02 AM »
The first half of the album hit so hard-but the real weirdness began with that track.
I know what you mean but it was actually Roadbull (second half of) that gave me that feeling on my first listen!

But yes we're talking about At The Stake here and my oh my does it rule. In the top 5, upper echelon of Melvins songs to date.