Melvins song of the week.

Started by Mad Arab, March 03, 2012, 08:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDY

Quote from: )))((( on April 06, 2012, 05:32:02 AM
She's pretty, she's smart and into doom metal!  :love:
I think you guys spelled my name wrong. It's J-U-D-Y  8)

Afterbirthmilkshake

Quote from: JUDY on April 06, 2012, 10:44:51 AM

WE ALL love Judy

homeless_dad

Any female melvins fans' beauty increases 10 fold in my book, for the fact that they are a fan.
:love: :love:
Is Ian back yet??

Mount Ambulance

See How Pretty, See How Smart, indeed a killer tune & indeed Kevin does shine ... love the bass line in this one. They should add it into the sets again; saw them do it live a couple times on the 1999 tour (pre-mummu days). Absolutely crushing and gross!!

There is a great version on the Euclid Tavern, Cleveland, OH. 1999-07-21 DVD ... I can't up vids ... but someone should ... 'cause it probably make ya wet yourself ... its that good!   
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

FartLips

Quote from: homeless_dad on April 06, 2012, 11:21:45 AM
Any female melvins fans' beauty increases 10 fold in my book, for the fact that they are a fan.
2nded!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

TheSwingSet

Quote from: FartLips on April 06, 2012, 03:39:46 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on April 06, 2012, 11:21:45 AM
2nded!

Agreed....i am actually getting married to a girl i've known for 13 years and took to her first string of Melvins shows down here in NC...

"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

Mad Arab

Melvins - At the stake

From Stoner Witch. An awesome song and highlight of the entire album. At the Stake: the newest Melvins song of the week!

homeless_dad

One of the few songs that I'd prefer to hear from the album rather than live.  The production on this song is top notch.  I've mentioned this in an earlier post but the "ooO00ooOO000ooo00O" (thanks Dump) sound adds so much to the eerie nature of the song.  It's just hard to hear it live w/o that sound.
Lyrics are cool too!
Is Ian back yet??

Mad Arab

I agree. This song is much better on the album.

JUDY

Ahhh, yes.... The sea-change moment of STONER WITCH. I remember tuning in for the first time and being so confused by that curve ball that had just been thrown at my face....

The first half of the album hit so hard-but the real weirdness began with that track.

So. Slow. So. Heavy.

(((O)))

Quote from: JUDY on April 19, 2012, 06:29:13 PM
The first half of the album hit so hard-but the real weirdness began with that track.
I know what you mean but it was actually Roadbull (second half of) that gave me that feeling on my first listen!

But yes we're talking about At The Stake here and my oh my does it rule. In the top 5, upper echelon of Melvins songs to date.

Shatz

At the Stake can be summed up with one simple word: INDEED!
Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.

Illusionator

I think this track sums up why the Melvins can never have mainstream success. I like this album, but it's a real mixed beast (mentioned loads of times before), for me Stoner Witch starts off as their most mainstream, maybe commercial album, and this track is the point (arguably) that they get bored with that and crack open a tin of "fuckyyouthisisourmusic", and play stuff for reasons other than commercial consideration. It's why I love therm even when I don't actually like what they've done. It's the fact that it's honest, and driven by "this is what we want our band to sound like" rather than "this'll sell", that makes them so damn loveable.

Mad Arab

Melvins - The Bootlicker - 07 - Jew Boy Flower Head

From the Bootlicker album comes Jew Boy Flower Head. It is the new Melvins song of the week!

Mount Ambulance

Bootlicker's top notch from the awesome title on down ... overall I hear a real Residents vibe on that album; a good vibe to ride for sure.

Not my favorite song in this set; but one of them ... I dig its' solitude. Real airy and spacious, thou somehow still tight and tense. What's Buzz singin' bout ??? Sounds right though, nice delivery an' attitude. Also dig the guitar work ... nice an' drunk sounding. Those bends are all slurring and stumbling.

When Melvins Lite did it recently it was astounding. Really hope they keep it in the set this tour.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!