The War On Wisdom VIDEO

Started by (((O))), March 13, 2012, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeless_dad

Quote from: Chowder Chucker on March 15, 2012, 04:20:00 PM
Good song...good video. Would've been twice as awesome if those kids had been wearing neon-colored camouflage to match their super-soakers.
Now that's a good idea!
The world needs more neon camouflage!
:P :P
Is Ian back yet??

Dumpster D

Quote from: FartLips on March 15, 2012, 10:55:30 AM
Quote from: DC (the dickman) Hart on March 13, 2012, 05:52:12 PM
Somebody hook with up that the hottie in the glasses at the end! I gotta get some stills and make a gif, rawr!

(maybe onna you guys can do this

but take out the kids?)
)))((( disagrees.

The song's called "the war on wisdom" not the "war of jism"

Lunica

So... First of all, the video never bothered me. I always knew the melvins were not about the videos, and that is also not my reason for liking them - I don't see their videos as something really important.. other than maybe introducing them to new fans, which seems to be working. And it will most likely never hit the big telly screens, so of course its a waste to invest too much money in it. I don't get worked up by something that is posted by a complete stranger here.

Dumpster: I did call you a drama queen, and I did call you whiny - a rather reasonable description, I think, if you take a look at your posts. I also find what you are doing now very childish, but I hope it will get you the attention you long for.

Michael: I don't think you'll get banned - I think people are stressing too much about this banning thing, and many are (perhaps) being too careful with what they say in fear - when it probably isn't neccessary. believe me, I think it was complete bullshit that people were banned in the first place, and I'll keep on saying what I believe - I think it's a great loss for this forum if people start censoring themselves - or others.  Thanks for the support though :)

I don't mind explaining why I think it seems like a school project - since that is what seems to have sparked this whole mess. But be warned, it might make you want to cut your wrists if you're a softy :D

Before I start, I want to make it completely clear that this is only MY personal opinion. I like the song, so that has nothing to do with it. I do not hate the video or think it's horrible, I'm just not lovin' it.

First of all, the story.. some kids play in a garage and save their friend from detention, ok... to me that sounds like a story you come up with last minute, just because if you don't have a story, you have nothing to film, so "it will have to do".

The lighting, or lack of lighting makes it look like its been filmed with a regular (not high definition, not razor sharp filming etc) camera - like what you bring when you go on a holiday, or like the local commercials in the movie theatre before the movie starts.

I prefer it when the director SHOWS me where we are or what happened before rather than simply adding a caption like "earlier" - we also often did this on school projects as we didn't have enough time to shoot all the scenes properly.

And the thing that annoys me the most.. is the idea of "why not let kids play them!!!". I didn't like that idea in the first place, and the average lip-syncing and the fact that the kids don't even look like who they are supposed to look like didn't make it better.

Just to make it clear, this is not an attack on anyone, it is just the personal opinion of one individual (me!). It has not made me like the melvins any less, and to be honest, I never cared that much about their videos, I prefer seeing them live or listening to them. And I've understood that a lot of you love this video, and that's great! Hopefully it will generate even more new fans.

I believe I have explained my view rather clearly now, more than I had initially intended to do, so I consider myself done with this thread.
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

(((O)))

Seems we can settle for once and for all that kid Dale is a boy. He left a comment on the War... vid on youtube!!!  :lol:

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: )))((( on March 16, 2012, 05:53:16 PM
Seems we can settle for once and for all that kid Dale is a boy. He left a comment on the War... vid on youtube!!!  :lol:
Um, nope.  She's definitely a girl.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

(((O)))

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 16, 2012, 05:59:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/alecdog08?feature=watch

Dumpster D

OK, fine fine fine...LUNICA

I knew you didn't like it,  :shock: thats ok. I'm proud you got some real convictions at least, that DOES make it all better. 

wait, did you JUST say you DON'T get worked up by what a complete stranger posts?

then why is it still something you need to explain so profusely?

PM me and we can work out our differences in private Lunica, that's what I should have done in the first place, and again why you took what I said it so directly, I didn't mean for that.  didn't come off sounding as General as I was trying to make it. not JUST for you.

same for the rest of you who want to call me out for being-over the line.

at this point I already said I was out of line, and I guess that just isn't enough?

sounds like there's no pleasing you. but seriously, I'll keep my issues with what people here are saying PRIVATE from now on. Lesson learned already.

And from now on. 

:-# (mmfmmfmmmfffffmmm)

FartLips

Quote from: )))((( on March 16, 2012, 06:02:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/alecdog08?feature=watch
well that is unfortunate! :lol:
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

JUDY

No fighting in the war room.

Now, let's hug and make up :)

:shock: :) well now, that is awesome !!!

FartLips

Quote from: JUDY on March 16, 2012, 07:21:41 PM
No fighting in the war room.

Now, let's hug and make up :)
me first! :twisted:
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Lurch

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 16, 2012, 06:23:14 PM
OK, fine fine fine...LUNICA

I knew you didn't like it,  :shock: thats ok. I'm proud you got some real convictions at least, that DOES make it all better. 

wait, did you JUST say you DON'T get worked up by what a complete stranger posts?

then why is it still something you need to explain so profusely?

PM me and we can work out our differences in private Lunica, that's what I should have done in the first place, and again why you took what I said it so directly, I didn't mean for that.  didn't come off sounding as General as I was trying to make it. not JUST for you.

same for the rest of you who want to call me out for being-over the line.

at this point I already said I was out of line, and I guess that just isn't enough?

sounds like there's no pleasing you. but seriously, I'll keep my issues with what people here are saying PRIVATE from now on. Lesson learned already.

And from now on. 

:-# (mmfmmfmmmfffffmmm)
so did you download the album and watch the video yet?

Dumpster D

my Rural connection won't allow it, I have no money left for downloads,
I thought I payed my internet bill this month,wayyy over the limit, maybe next time.

MrLuck87

Stop Calling me a girl

anaconda

get a haircut you femme and stop talking in a fruity girl's voice!