@ warehouse, Houston TX 4/20/12

Started by John Schuller, April 22, 2012, 03:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Schuller

Miserable city. Horrible venue. Horrible people at the show. Fuck you Houston!

linoleum blownapart

thrower of the bong water balloons

John Schuller

Hortense

How about Setlists?  I imagine it looked like the one in Austin.  Never been to Houston myself but have met some trolls and ogres who were birthed there.  Courted a country girl from a surrounding borough of Houston once.  She was a wily and cantankerous wench who had certain violent tendencies.  There were negative aspects to her person as well. 

I'd be curious to see if the boys are doing the Wings covers in any cities this go round.   

John Schuller

Same set list every night. I think someone snapped a photo of a set list in another thread?

jonE5

Quote from: sadcorps on April 22, 2012, 11:50:49 AM
Same set list every night. I think someone snapped a photo of a set list in another thread?

I don't think they ever mess with the set during a tour. Same every night.

'Tis why they are so tight

TheIcon

worst place to see a show i've ever been to. houston doesn't deserve (the)melvins.

John Schuller

Exactly. That show ranks as my worst Melvins show ever. Did not even think that there was a possible ranking for that until Houston.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

John Schuller

1. The venue was horrible. Something like an ex-community center or high school gym.
2. The sounds was horrible. Nothing to do with Dave (as he has proven he is #1 badass at the Troubadour, Mohawk and One Eyed Jacks). The room is just not meant for loud music.
3. The people in the crowd seemed to just be complete asswipes. Not everyone, but enough to make you just say - fuck. Lots of people looking to start fights, throw their cups at the Melvins, flip off the Melvins etc.
4. You could tell the Melvins just wanted to get that one over with. The only show on this tour that I did not see Buzz smile. The first thing he saw was a middle finger in his face. I am sure with a long drive, walking into a shitty venue, and then seeing that bullshit - it would sour a mood.

Now please note - this does not mean the Melvins did a shitty job - they were still tight as fuck and stomped anything else that happened in any other place in the world at that moment.

Just - fuck Houston. That place eats shit.

TheIcon

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on April 23, 2012, 11:29:53 AM
Why was the show so bad?

you know how people try too hard to be cool, and they just come across even  more stupid? that is what the venue is like. it sounded bad, there is no personality to it, they should call it wallmart live. the crowd looked like they were there because that is the 'cool' place to be. i would imagine it will be the same crowd for buckcherry next week. what little energy that was present wasn't a good energy, it was a negative, uncomfortable kind of energy. the feel of the room just made you keep one eye on the jackasses around you instead of just taking in the music. you could tell right away that they just wanted to finish their set and get it over with. i couldn't blame them either.

Kolonel Kurtz Kobain

Quote from: jonE5 on April 22, 2012, 02:27:58 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on April 22, 2012, 11:50:49 AM
Same set list every night.

I don't think they ever mess with the set during a tour. Same every night.

'Tis why they are so tight

guitar city setlist

[attachment deleted by admin]
I'd rather be at Dodger Stadium...

black stallion

very short set list for melvins standards
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

brentabousko

i wuz there

got there late and was pissed to miss unsane. what's up with bands starting on time nowadays?

the melvs have played warehouse live severalseveralseveral times in the past years. i'm happy to see them in a small setting

can't speak on the crowd you saw but i didn't have any problems w anyone except a zealous dancer that spilled my beer. that happens.

saw a few kids there buying merch, i'm saying they stood like 5 ft tall so i guess 10 yrs old or something? gave them props for getting started on the right path.

and btw the melvins tore my face off, but that's a given every time.
true men don't kill coyotes

reluctantking

those kids were a trip. There were two of them and yes they must have been ten years old. One of them had really long hair and looked like any given member of Municipal Waste! I wasn't sure if it was a little boy or a little girl to be honest.

after lingering around the table for like ten minutes three seperate times they bought a few things.

Houston was certainly the most difficult night so far but all in all, some people were really nice. A lot seemed like drunken bufoons that would have rather seen Rob Zombie but settled for this instead.  :lol: