Yelp Review of the Alexandria Hotel
Yes, I live here. No, I don't have herpes.
Things I love about living here:
1. The inside of my apartment.
2. The location.
Things I hate about living here:
1. The bum that walks down Spring Street every morning screaming at the top of his lungs.
2. The other bum that repeats "praise Jesus" in some alien tongue for twelve hours straight right outside my window.
3. Bums fighting.
4. Drunk people fighting.
5. The trash and loogies that litter the elevator floors.
6. Roaches by the trash cans.
7. Hallways that smell like B.O. and boiled chicken.
8. Crack heads and cripples that roam the halls like flesh-eating zombies.
9. The disgusting cretins that live above me that dump their trash out their window onto my landing.
10. My view of their trash which includes a dirty diaper, burrito wrappers and a cooking pot.
11. A mutant roach the size of a praying mantis that I found creeping around my bathroom.
12. Having to pack/unpack everything I own every few weeks so an exterminator can come and spray and ward off an army of bed bugs.
13. The nightly sound of two people fucking.
14. Schizophrenic neighbors.
15. A particulaly inconsiderate neighbor that slams his door incessantly.
I wanted to live here for so long and I'm glad I finally did... also glad my lease is up soon.
I'm gonna go choke down my lunch now whilst trying to avert my eyes from that disgusting shit-filled diaper and tune everything else out.
Did I mention I love the inside of my apartment? Ugh...
The hotel has played host to countless film shoots. Its ornate public rooms, marble staircases and decaying grandeur have made it a favorite of movies, music videos, television commercials and fashion shoots. In David Fincher's Se7en, it served as the residence of the killer, John Doe, for a lengthy chase sequence through much of the hotel. Other films shot in the Alexandria include Dreamgirls, Water for Elephants, Spider-Man 3, and Domino.