Melvins Tour Diary on Spin Magazine

Started by black stallion, September 11, 2012, 06:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrLuck87

Quote from: deatheats on October 24, 2012, 07:31:48 PM
Here is more on the Thorogood "controversy":

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2012/10/melvins_vs_george_thorogood.php

Based on my own "research" (aka googling) it does appear that George probably finished his tour.  I wouldn't be surprised if Buzz really did hear that it was cancelled.  Can we really trust radio DJ's though?  I remember hearing Faith No More's Epic on the radio around 2001 and the DJ insisted that Mike Patton was in jail for pissing on an audience in Europe.  This was the infamous Tomahawk dildo incident.

It seems like The Melvins barely care about the record anyway and just wanted to do something over the top.  Still, it's pretty funny they've been playing "Bad to the Bone" on the PA once their set is over.   :lol:

ZAPPAJOE

The quotes from Buzz in that article make the whole tour and any silly controversy all worth it.  Oh, and the shows were fun too !!  Can't you just hear Buzz's laugh after each one of these . . .

"I can only hope that some day I will be playing Bo Diddley covers at county fairs!"

"Who knew they would get so ma ma ma ma ma mad," he wrote. "I suppose they could be right and if they are then we really are sorry. We're sorry we said you didn't do it if you really did."

How can they top it? "Death," Osborne quips. "We're going to kill ourselves. Actually, what we want to do next year is 52 shows, one show per week for the whole year. It will be the longest, slowest tour of the U.S."

jonE5

Regardless of the record. This has generated a lot of press for Melvins....

..Which I'm pretty sure was the desired effect of the tour

Hortense

Still it would have been pretty cool to have The Melvins in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Chad Ghostal

I love that at the end of the show last night in LA, they started playing "Bad to the Bone" over the speakers. Nice touch.

Uncle Danny

Am I the only one who thinks Trevor is the most nondescript looking human being on the planet?  I've been following his music for 20 years, count myself as a big fan, have seen him in photos and live on numerous occasions, but the man could literally walk unannounced into my kitchen and say "Hi, Dan!  I'm Trevor!  Thanks for the support!" and I'd be like "Hi, Trevor!  Who the fuck are you and why are you in my kitchen?"

Chad Ghostal

Quote from: Achmed on October 25, 2012, 05:36:23 PM
They owe George Thorogood an apology.

They should do it in their own unique way, by releasing a George Thorogood cover album, which would hence be a cover album of songs that were covered by another artist.

jonE5

Quote from: Chad Ghostal on October 25, 2012, 06:21:43 PM
Quote from: Achmed on October 25, 2012, 05:36:23 PM
They owe George Thorogood an apology.

They should do it in their own unique way, by releasing a George Thorogood cover album, which would hence be a cover album of songs that were covered by another artist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tinnitus photo

Quote from: MrLuck87 on October 24, 2012, 08:41:35 PMIt seems like The Melvins barely care about the record anyway and just wanted to do something over the top.  Still, it's pretty funny they've been playing "Bad to the Bone" on the PA once their set is over.   :lol:

agree w/ you, and thanks for reminding me what song was played...i remembered "We're an American Band" from GFR as opening, but couldn't remember the closer.

fuck, this band is funny!

pinkyslim

Quote from: tinnitus photo on October 26, 2012, 11:32:39 AM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on October 24, 2012, 08:41:35 PMIt seems like The Melvins barely care about the record anyway and just wanted to do something over the top.  Still, it's pretty funny they've been playing "Bad to the Bone" on the PA once their set is over.   :lol:

agree w/ you, and thanks for reminding me what song was played...i remembered "We're an American Band" from GFR as opening, but couldn't remember the closer.

i also heard a lot of Gary Numan.
But not Pleasure Principle or Replicas.. :-k

Anyone know what Numan it was? :nerd:

Chad Ghostal

Quote from: pinkyslim on October 26, 2012, 12:58:19 PM
Quote from: tinnitus photo on October 26, 2012, 11:32:39 AM

i also heard a lot of Gary Numan.
But not Pleasure Principle or Replicas.. :-k

Anyone know what Numan it was? :nerd:

Pretty sure it was Pleasure Principle. I also got a kick from the extended intro mix to Sweet Leaf; it sounded quite deranged.

pinkyslim

Chad Ghostal

I am certain "Cars" did play while they were setting up, which is from Pleasure Principle. May have been their own mix of Numan tracks.

oldernie

Quote from: )))((( on October 26, 2012, 12:34:44 PM
No matter how much everyone disses George i can't hate this song being that i grew up with it and have adored Terminator 2 for a long, LONG time.

8) <--- I'll be back.

Terminator 2 - Bad to the Bone

well mr turncoat, you might be pleased to know george is playing the uk next year.
hes even coming to brum town.
http://www.songkick.com/artists/4687-george-thorogood
i dont think it will be a big boredie meet up though. ha.
"To be honest i've kind of gone off the band a bit now. I just like to hang out on here because of everyone else."
-jules from brighton quoting - Ian from Staffs.

Illusionator

Quote from: oldernie on October 27, 2012, 03:17:32 AM
Quote from: )))((( on October 26, 2012, 12:34:44 PM
No matter how much everyone disses George i can't hate this song being that i grew up with it and have adored Terminator 2 for a long, LONG time.

8) <--- I'll be back.

Terminator 2 - Bad to the Bone

well mr turncoat, you might be pleased to know george is playing the uk next year.
hes even coming to brum town.
http://www.songkick.com/artists/4687-george-thorogood
i dont think it will be a big boredie meet up though. ha.

We should get front and centre and just request Melvins songs