Melvins Tour Diary on Spin Magazine

Started by black stallion, September 11, 2012, 06:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(((O)))

Quote from: oldernie on October 27, 2012, 03:17:32 AM
Quote from: )))((( on October 26, 2012, 12:34:44 PM
No matter how much everyone disses George i can't hate this song being that i grew up with it and have adored Terminator 2 for a long, LONG time.

8) <--- I'll be back.

Terminator 2 - Bad to the Bone

well mr turncoat, you might be pleased to know george is playing the uk next year.
hes even coming to brum town.
http://www.songkick.com/artists/4687-george-thorogood
i dont think it will be a big boredie meet up though. ha.
\:D/ \:D/

jonE5

Quote from: Illusionator on October 27, 2012, 03:21:40 AM
Quote from: oldernie on October 27, 2012, 03:17:32 AM
Quote from: )))((( on October 26, 2012, 12:34:44 PM
No matter how much everyone disses George i can't hate this song being that i grew up with it and have adored Terminator 2 for a long, LONG time.

8) <--- I'll be back.

Terminator 2 - Bad to the Bone

well mr turncoat, you might be pleased to know george is playing the uk next year.
hes even coming to brum town.
http://www.songkick.com/artists/4687-george-thorogood
i dont think it will be a big boredie meet up though. ha.

We should get front and centre and just request Melvins songs

Everyone should show up wearing Melvins shirts

Hot Pants

Quote from: Achmed on October 25, 2012, 05:36:23 PM
They owe George Thorogood an apology.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Quote from: Hortense on October 25, 2012, 01:10:56 PM
Still it would have been pretty cool to have The Melvins in the Guinness Book of World Records.

where does it say that they arent going to make it?
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Hortense

Still it would have been pretty cool to have The Melvins in the Guinness Book of World Records.

[/quote]

fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.
[/quote]

Why Fuuuuuuuuuck that?

GW

So has it been made public if they will actually be put in the "book" yet or not? I emailed Guinness yesterday and asked, not expecting a response, they responded:

Dear Pat,

Thank you for your email.

Please can you confirm the Claims ID number so that I can check that the record is in our database.

Many thanks

Guinness World Records Ltd.

jeffeff

Has the "51/51" tour been derailed due to the >>SSSUPERSTORMMM<< on the East coast?  I noticed there hasn't been a new SPIN diary entry in over a week.

Idlehanz

Quote from: jeffeff on November 03, 2012, 10:51:07 PM
Has the "51/51" tour been derailed due to the >>SSSUPERSTORMMM<< on the East coast?  I noticed there hasn't been a new SPIN diary entry in over a week.

The tour ended October 25th in Hawaii.

Hot Pants

Quote from: Hortense on October 29, 2012, 08:10:54 AM

Why Fuuuuuuuuuck that?

oops! those comments i wrote were supposed to go under the other quotes! i mixed em up.

*all fixed.

Oscar

To be quite honest, I have often pondered that Hendrix/Clapton theory myself. I guess we'll never know.

Hot Pants

jonE5

GrimReaper

We've never had our songs in beer commercials or sold shit loads of records the way they have. Considering how well they seem to have done, it seems like a weird thing to get all hacked off about but hell why not, I guess. Who knew they would get so ma ma ma ma ma mad. I suppose they could be right and if they are then we really are sorry. We're sorry we said you didn't do it if you really did.

How many times do the Melvins need to say they're sorry? There's two times in the above Tour Diary entry.

ZAPPAJOE

wtf ?  Say they're sorry ?!?!?  Does anybody other than George Thorogood care ???

At this point, I don't think the Melvins even care beyond their personal feelings of accomplishment.  I wouldn't be surprised if they don't submit whatever paperwork allegedly needs to be submitted to the Guinness people - or if they really didn't have any intention to in the first place.