Melvins Tour Diary on Spin Magazine

Started by black stallion, September 11, 2012, 06:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain CoryCory

As far as I could tell it wasn't even Thorogood himself, who actually wished them the best of luck, but rather his tour manager.

Hot Pants

the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

dead mike

A suggestion unrelated to George Thorogood: Any chance of uploading the tour diary onto themelvins.net archives for posterity? It's only a matter of time before it disappears from Spin's website.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Beard

Quote from: dead mike on November 13, 2012, 03:34:04 PM
A suggestion unrelated to George Thorogood: Any chance of uploading the tour diary onto themelvins.net archives for posterity? It's only a matter of time before it disappears from Spin's website.

ya thatd be really cool  :D

JUDY

Quote from: Beard on November 13, 2012, 11:17:13 PM

I'm working on it, guys  :D I already had about half of it archived, now I just have to go through the newest ones and finish it up.

buddy holiday

Quote from: JUDY on November 13, 2012, 11:50:16 PM
Quote from: Beard on November 13, 2012, 11:17:13 PM

I'm working on it, guys  :D I already had about half of it archived, now I just have to go through the newest ones and finish it up.

very cool Judy. thanks!

(((O)))

Ah cool. I think one of the reasons i gave up reading them was because the Spin site seemed to screw up my computer. Also i could never be bothered to read bits here and there. With it all together i might just read the lot front to back. So to speak.

JUDY

Quote from: buddy holiday on November 14, 2012, 01:57:45 AM
very cool Judy. thanks!
No problem. But I really haven't done anything. Turns out I'm really great at copying and pasting though  :)

Quote from: )))((( on November 14, 2012, 05:36:06 AM
Ah cool. I think one of the reasons i gave up reading them was because the Spin site seemed to screw up my computer.

I agree. I'd like to see a hard-copy of this, and wouldn't really be surprised if they released one. I think it's a good idea!

I''m not sure if Brian will be able to put it on the wiki page, but we can surely ask. I don't think the diary on SPIN will disappear anytime soon but I thought it would be nice to look at it as a whole so I've been saving text and photos as they've been going up. I could just as easily put them up in a thread here on the BBS if you guys want. I'll be working in front of my computer all day (sigh) and sadly, have the time to do it. It would be nice if we could disable comments for a minute and just have the diary perserved in one solid place. Other than the last few, I have it all saved in one spot so it wouldn't be a big deal at all. More than half the work is already done! Thoughts?

jonE5

^Thanks for the work on this.. I was thinking something similar. That the diaries should be preserved somehow

(A small limited edition book would be really cool)

JUDY

OK, I have the complete diary stored and saved on my computer. The photos have been organized and dated accordingly too.
Slow day at work.

Anyway, let me get an Ok and we can get it up in full here on the bbs. I guess my only concern is there might be some kind of copyright infringement. Melvins own the photos, so I think it would be fine to do. What do you guys think?

dead mike

Quote from: JUDY on November 14, 2012, 04:00:15 PM
OK, I have the complete diary stored and saved on my computer. The photos have been organized and dated accordingly too.
Slow day at work.

Anyway, let me get an Ok and we can get it up in full here on the bbs. I guess my only concern is there might be some kind of copyright infringement. Melvins own the photos, so I think it would be fine to do. What do you guys think?
I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Still, awesome. Awesome to the max.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Bigval

I'm not worried about the photos but would love it to get a download of the text of all the entries, Judy? :)

JUDY

Quote from: dead mike on November 14, 2012, 05:25:07 PM
Quote from: JUDY on November 14, 2012, 04:00:15 PM
Slow day at work.

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Still, awesome. Awesome to the max.

Yeahhhh, let's just leave it be for now because it's an exclusive to SPIN. I really don't think posting the text on the message board would be a biggie (SPIN and most of SPINs readers do not hang out here, I'm sure of it) but I'm going to wait for it to cool down anyway. Besides...work day is over and I want nothing more than to shut this computer down for the evening. Anyway, fear not! In case of emergency, my external hard-drive is keeping it warm.

PS : The text I have is exclusive to nice guys only ;)

dead mike

- hemispheres

anaconda

I'm willing to risk SPIN's wrath! :P Click the image: