Boston, Ma 10-01-2012

Started by jonE5, September 30, 2012, 01:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonE5

Roll Call.. Who is going to make it?

I will be there. Bringing my son for his first Melvins show. It was a surprise early Birthday present (He turns 15 next week)

Say Hi.. I am easy to spot. 6'5" big skinny guy with a teenager in tow. Wearing this shirt

black stallion

Quote from: jonE5 on September 30, 2012, 01:10:42 PM
Bringing my son for his first Melvins show. It was a surprise early Birthday present (He turns 15 next week)

that's great jon!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

tinnitus photo

my friend Danny is gonna be there, but i am only gonna catch the NH show (which I did last night)

jonE5

Just had 2 people Bail on me. Extra Tickets!.. Anyone want to meet me there?

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: jonE5 on October 01, 2012, 11:00:53 AM
Just had 2 people Bail on me. Extra Tickets!.. Anyone want to meet me there?

if i didn't have to work tonight i totally would
I got the shits real bad.

Metalhead Cow

I'm going to be there tonight!

Dan_Halen

Quote from: black stallion on September 30, 2012, 01:13:07 PM
Bringing my son for his first Melvins show. It was a surprise early Birthday present (He turns 15 next week)

that's great jon!

You are hereby nominated for Father Of The Year by me! That is so cool, thank god it was Melvins and NOT Nickelback, I'd call DCF on you them! :P lol jk
Los ticka toe rest

jonE5

Quote from: Dan_Halen on October 02, 2012, 09:05:56 AM
Quote from: black stallion on September 30, 2012, 01:13:07 PM

that's great jon!

You are hereby nominated for Father Of The Year by me! That is so cool, thank god it was Melvins and NOT Nickelback, I'd call DCF on you them! :P lol jk

Thanks man.. We had a blast!.. Also brought my Niece for her first Melvins.. And my wife (Not her 1st) Total family affair.

It was by no means my sons first concert.. Just his first Melvins show (I usually do road trips with friends, and they can get a little decadent)  He has also seen-

Misfits 4 times (His favorite band growing up)
Volbeat twice
Anthrax/Testament
Gogol Bordello
Danzig
Mastodon/Dethklok/Converge/High On Fire
Clutch
And a crap load of other bands that I can't remember now. I remind him all the time of his age, and that I had yet to go to a concert when I was that old... He's a pretty cool kid.

Oh yeah.. He loved the show!... It was probably the best Melvins show I have seen in a while.

Sheevil was STUNNING!

Metalhead Cow

This was my 5th Melvins show, and also my first time seeing Dale playing solo which was really cool. The show was quite amazing and yes, Shevil was stunning

1. Eye Flys
2. Captain Pungent
3. Berthas
4. National Hamster
5. Worm Farm Waltz
6. Leon Vs. The Revolution
7. Mr. Rip Off
8. A Growing Disgust
9. A History Of Drunks
10. Hooch
11. Baby Won't You Wierd Me Out
12. Holy Barbarians
13. Let Me Roll It
14. Set Me Straight/DCH
15. Sky Pup
16. Electric Flower
17. Inner Ear Rupture
18. Shevil

uncle lube

I went to both the Boston and Rhode Island shows. The Boston show was great, but I thought the Rhode Island show was amazing.

black stallion

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on November 18, 2012, 09:47:30 PM
This was my 5th Melvins show, and also my first time seeing Dale playing solo which was really cool. The show was quite amazing and yes, Shevil was stunning

=D>
Charmicarmicat:Bastards