A message from Joe Preston

Started by LouiLoomis, September 13, 2004, 07:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouiLoomis

Hey all, just received this from Joe Preston:

Hello all, thanks for remaining loyal fans even though
I haven't sent out an email update in ages.

Sorry for the delay in the updates but I'm busier than
I've ever been, and much less pessimistic than when I
last sent out a mass emailing to my people.

In case you didn't know I've just finished up my first
tour with High on Fire a couple weeks ago. It was an
amazing few weeks. I can hardly contain my excitement
about actually getting to join HOF. Matt is one of the
nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of playing and
writing music with. I'll be mailing out a batch of the
tour photos once I get the CDs from the various
photographers.

In a couple days we're all flying down to Chicago to
meet Albini and check out his Electrical Audio
Studios, that's where we're recording the new CD. But
the big news is that we've decided to scrap all of the
recent material that had been written and start over
as a doom drone project! We have two songs written so
far, each well over the 30 minute mark...can anyone
say 15 bpm? I sure can.

I promise that I'll be sending out more frequent
updates as the project proceeds.

JOE

Metalhead Cow

anaconda

hahaha this is sweet! theyre recording with albini?? drone doom?? man i hope to hell this is true, i wonder what its gonna be like when steve alini meets joe. haha holy shit  :P

Dr. Gonzo

Reverend Ebeneezer

He's done it! He's actually done it! He's come in and completely changed the band...wow! Mr. Preston, I salute thee. Really stoked about this new HOF album now...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

zium

haha joe preston rocks
drone + albini + matt pike and joe preston
it can't get much more awesome than this

klump

i got almost the same mail from him to.

LouiLoomis

Quote from: klumpi got almost the same mail from him to.

Almost?

klump

yeah, every mail i get from him starts with a question about who i am , hehe. and when i answer he always remembers and asks how things are going and stuff...but that guy should maybe cut down on the salty...hehe or maybe not,may i say nuts and berries :)

i bet this will be a fun album, to bad that the melvins cant reconsile with him...the melvins are good friends of HOF so i think this is very strange, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........maybe the melvins just wanted to do a clean cut with drugs? i think that can be an answer , plus that Joe works after his internal clock, hehe.

a little piccie:

http://www.killrockstars.com/bands/thrones/tour/Japan/fuck.jpg

fearless1000

I don't beleive it. Mainly because a guy on stonerrock.com started a thread laughing at how stupid high on fire fans are because they beleived he was Joe Preston when he wrote a phoney message... then he linked to that specific message.
Its a hoax.

Vow

I hope it's true they are going to record a drone doom cd, but I have my thoughts wether it's true.

Mesteren

I also got the e-mail and I do believe it is Joe Preston although this mail comes from a yahoo account and the two previous mail addresses I had for the REAL Joe was hotmail accounts.
To be afraid when you are alone, in the dark, faced with the unknown, the unspeakable; that is understandable fear. To be afraid, mortally afraid, in broad daylight, in a crowded city street, that is to know Melvins.

Reverend Ebeneezer

Looks faked, unless this guy's just fucking about. See here: http://www.stonerrock.com/forums2/allposts.asp?summary=1&Forum=ap883406056&ID=829879&access=&status=1&StartAt=0&subject=Messing+with+the+High+on+Fire+fanatics

FUCKING SHITTING HELL!

Ahem.

Oh well. Hopefully we'll get some slow, slow Thrones soon enough...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

anaconda

maybe that guy got the email from joe and posted it claiming to be him????? it's not exactly the same. hmmmmm

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol: