Dec. 29th 2012 Great American Music Hall

Started by Idlehanz, December 29, 2012, 10:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

Doors are open, and its filling up. Pins of Light are opening. Swamp Viking has a number of posters for sale. There's a small stack of NYE vinyl for sale tonight. $50 each. Also some of the latest Amrep singles and some Melvins 1983 cd's.

(the) flutter nuts

Oh , i got goosebumps reading this!!!

Amrep singles? Sugar daddy 12"s?

Have fun!!!
I got the shits real bad.

Idlehanz

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on December 29, 2012, 10:21:48 PM
Oh , i got goosebumps reading this!!!

Amrep singles? Sugar daddy 12"s?

Have fun!!!
Yea, the sugar daddy 12's, I should have been more specific.

(the) flutter nuts

That's cool, i figured that's what you were talking about!

(the) flutter nuts

REview?!?!?! Setlist!?!?!? C'mon i needs to know!!!

Idlehanz

As far as a setlist, here's what I remember. Its kind of in order but I know I'm forgetting some songs.

Billy Fish
Civilized Worm
Hag Me
Youth Of America
The Bit
War on Wisdom
Growing Disgust
AMAZON
The Water Glass
They closed with Hung Bunny/ Roman Dog Bird.

I'm forgetting a bunch of songs. There was more stuff from Asa, Nude, Bulls....

I just woke up and I have a flight to catch, or I'd say a little more.  It was a great show, and YOA was dominating.

alfunso

Hmmmmmmm, where to begin?, this was a very good show. it seems after a respite of eggnog and couch surf our heros were very re-energized and excited to be playing as the regular Melvins again, no Trevor in sight. This very esoteric tidbit: Buzz was playing from the right side of the stage for this show (never seen that before at GAMH) (I usually stand on right side) as a result, the sound was amazing clear and bright. They started out playing the opening songs from Nude with Boots, (sorry I am not into set lists or song titles, but I am sure someone will post that soon) and there was one cover that seemed to be reminiscent of Ballroom Blitz by the Sweet. it wasn't that song exactly but seemed sort of like that song.It must be on the new release with red cross etc.
  Buzz was running around a lot, (great idea: Buzz Bobblehead doll), doing his best bobblehead routine, shaking his head and looking up  to the stars and playing a lot of great stuff, it seemed he was very interested in pushing the show to the next level of intensity. not sure if it got there. it was a great show, they played songs and not noise so much.
  But the GAMH show of dec 29, 2010 (I believe) was the show when the earth really opened up and the Melvins fell into a time warp of noise and sludge and feedback  and the delivered this cosmic show of utter nowness and filth. That was my favorite Melvins show. This one was very good and spirited and seemed a  drive thru warm up for the New Years show, which will probably find them peaking.

(the) flutter nuts

Oscar

Quote from: Idlehanz on December 30, 2012, 09:24:37 AM
As far as a setlist, here's what I remember. Its kind of in order but I know I'm forgetting some songs.

Billy Fish
Civilized Worm
Hag Me
Youth Of America
The Bit
War on Wisdom
Growing Disgust
AMAZON
The Water Glass
They closed with Hung Bunny/ Roman Dog Bird.

I'm forgetting a bunch of songs. There was more stuff from Asa, Nude, Bulls....

I just woke up and I have a flight to catch, or I'd say a little more.  It was a great show, and YOA was dominating.

Very cool. Did you tape it?

Idlehanz

Yea, but I did a shitty job. I was exhausted and sore and i was way to fidgety. I'll put some up when I get home next week.

black stallion

hag me is one of my favourite melvins songs
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

TheSwingSet

"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

spliff(TONE)

Great show. Unfortunately, my specific memories aren't super crisp as I apparently drank too damn much. Though I definitely recall diggin' on A Growing Disgust, Hung Bunny/Roman Dog Bird, and AMAZON. I've loved all incarnations of Melvins lineups that I've seen live, but I was definitely pumped to see the 4 headed monster back.

black stallion

apparently Buzzo is still using an Emperor cabinet with the regular Melvins line up  :nerd:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards