Everybody Loves Sausages

Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Halen

Melvins have been killing it with covers for years. Many times I like the their versions better than the originals..."With yo heart no yo hands", "Goin' Blind", "Sacrafice" just to name a few. What would be really cool is if they released an "Everyone else loves the Melvins"  album and had other bands do Melvins covers (Similar to Unsane's cover of The Bloat") Do I smell a split Sausage 7" series? :lol:
Los ticka toe rest

Bigval

Quote from: Dan_Halen on February 09, 2013, 07:20:33 AM
Melvins have been killing it with covers for years. Many times I like the their versions better than the originals..."With yo heart no yo hands", "Goin' Blind", "Sacrafice" just to name a few. What would be really cool is if they released an "Everyone else loves the Melvins"  album and had other bands do Melvins covers (Similar to Unsane's cover of The Bloat") Do I smell a split Sausage 7" series? :lol:

I've got that Melvins tribute album 'We Reach' and don't think much of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Reach:_The_Music_of_the_Melvins

JUDY

Melvins and Beatles are the only two bands that can make a cover better than the original. It's a rare talent. That being said if I had to give an answer for fav covers ever I'd no doubt ramble off five + melvins tracks ....

This was such happy news to hear! I'm just ecstatic!

I'd also one day love to hear a studio of I wanna hold your hand :)

Yanayaya

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on February 09, 2013, 06:29:00 AM
Quote from: (PAUL) on February 09, 2013, 01:12:03 AM
YES!!! Just read this, super excited.

This was the first thing that popped into my head when i read the title

You are simply an amazing Flutter!!
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

ManWithNoName

I'm most excited for Station to Station. Will it stand alongside Halo of Flies and Youth of America? I hope so.

Yanayaya

Quote from: JUDY on February 09, 2013, 09:22:53 AM
Melvins and Beatles are the only two bands that can make a cover better than the original. It's a rare talent. That being said if I had to give an answer for you fav covers ever I'd no doubt ramble off five + melvins tracks ....

Not so!!  Have you ever listened to Harry Nilsson (for one)?  Judy Garland to name just one other.
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

MrLuck87

Quote from: the bloat on February 08, 2013, 10:45:13 PM
where does one track down an mp3 of female trouble? can someone hook up a longtime board member? xoxoxoxo

www.keepvid.com

Quote from: (PAUL) on February 09, 2013, 01:38:55 AM
Quote from: Bigval on February 09, 2013, 01:34:31 AM
Quote from: MrLuck87 on February 08, 2013, 11:23:31 PM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on February 08, 2013, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: danimal on February 08, 2013, 10:58:28 PM
Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on February 08, 2013, 04:04:11 PM
How many other bands have done this, besides Primus with Misc. Debris & Rhinoplasty? Those are both awesome.

David Bowie, Ministry, John Zorn, Mondo Cane, Rush, Def Leppard, Between the Buried and Me, Iced Earth

Slayer, Metallica, Six Feet Under

RATM, Dream Theater, The Residents, Faith No More

When did Faith No More ever release a covers album?

Must be thinking of the Songs to Make Love To EP (and forgetting there was an original song on it).

Which song is the original?  http://www.amazon.com/Songs-To-Make-Love/dp/B000002M3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360423843&sr=8-1&keywords=faith+no+more+songs+to+make+love+to

JUDY

Quote from: Yanayaya on February 09, 2013, 09:25:31 AM
Quote from: JUDY on February 09, 2013, 09:22:53 AM
Melvins and Beatles are the only two bands that can make a cover better than the original. It's a rare talent. That being said if I had to give an answer for you fav covers ever I'd no doubt ramble off five + melvins tracks ....

Not so!!  Have you ever listened to Harry Nilsson (for one)?  Judy Garland to name just one other.

Yes and yes. I love Judy Garland!!

I do mostly like cover songs in general but feel those I mentioned (meatles) are the only two in my binder full of bands that can just absolutely own it every time.

(((O)))

Everyone knows that THE best Melvins cover song yet is The Green Manalishi.

Debate over.

(((O)))

Oh also i wanted to say that somehow i've got a feeling this won't be the only Melvins album released this year.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: )))((( on February 09, 2013, 10:20:14 AM
Everyone knows that THE best Melvins cover song yet is The Green Manalishi.

Debate over.

=D>
I got the shits real bad.

JUDY

Quote from: )))((( on February 09, 2013, 10:20:14 AM
Everyone knows that THE best Melvins cover song yet is

melvins - venus in furs

Anyway. Did anyone else wake up this morning really wanting sausages? :love:

black stallion

Quote from: Achmed on February 09, 2013, 11:06:23 AM
Jerkin Krokus, Youth of America and Let Me Roll It have my vote as the best covers they have ever done yet.

don't forget the Ramones cover and Buick MacKane  8)
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

MrLuck87