Not punching the gift horse here, but it woulda been cool
if the 4 pc could of banged out studio versions of Pinhead
and Mr DNA for this release.

buddy holiday

Quote from: anaconda on March 14, 2013, 06:55:47 AM

maybe they include those as b-sides for the vinyl release(s).
i am really hoping for a studio version of halo of flies...

(((O)))

it woulda been cool if the 4 pc could of banged out studio versions of Pinhead and Mr DNA for this release.
Totally. I love both versions they played live.

danimal

Quote from: TosT on March 13, 2013, 10:33:27 PM
hey danimal, is the station to station cover around 10 mins like the original? i sure hope so

I've got a stream I can listen to so there's no track time on it, but it's pretty similar. If they skipped any parts, I didn't notice, but it's been years since I've regularly listened to Bowie. This track even starts off w/some noise.

jonE5

The Mr DNA was the song I was hoping for the most when I heard about the Covers record. It killed live

JUDY

Quote from: danimal on March 14, 2013, 09:30:58 AM
Quote from: TosT on March 13, 2013, 10:33:27 PM
hey danimal, is the station to station cover around 10 mins like the original? i sure hope so

I've got a stream I can listen to so there's no track time on it, but it's pretty similar. If they skipped any parts, I didn't notice, but it's been years since I've regularly listened to Bowie. This track even starts off w/some noise.

NICE! Aw, so excited to hear that one!

I look forward to reading your review but I'm actually waiting til after I hear it as a whole. I treat my reviews like director's commentary, or spark notes! Added bonus!

Quote from: jonE5 on March 14, 2013, 12:48:29 PM

The Mr DNA was the song I was hoping for the most when I heard about the Covers record. It killed live

Yep. I'll cross my fingers and hope to find it there as a hidden track~!!!!!

Uncle Fester

Quote from: jonE5 on March 12, 2013, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: glen on March 12, 2013, 10:18:39 AM
Quote from: JUDY on March 11, 2013, 10:19:21 PM
Quote from: Dan_Halen on March 11, 2013, 08:20:51 PM
QuoteAnyway, it's ambient and noisy and fans of the Honky and Colossus of Destiny era should dig this.
:lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

8)

referring to the THROBBING GRISTLE cover, not the whole album.   :(

on a related note: if I'd had my druthers I would have wanted to hear MELVINS members only doing all vox. but I didn't have my druthers.  so I'll put my faith in the operator, as I always do.

I have to agree on this one.. The "Guest Vocalist" part has me a little concerned. "The Crybaby"is probably the Melvins album that I listen to least, because of the same reason... I just don't want other Vox messing with my Melvins  :lol:
... At the same time, they can do no wrong, and I love the fact that they are Always coming at me from another angle
the crybaby alone has for me, opened a lot of doors to other bands. Foetus, Patton, Godzik Pink....
Leif Garret  :P

Tyronehell

You better but it in before you get old - Lemmy (On Parole)

GrimReaper

glen

wait a minute...  was that for real??

MELVINS:  bending minds for 30+
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

buddy holiday

i miss buzz' vocals...
still alright though...

deatheats

(((O)))

I personally can't stand Queen so i was never going to like this cover. I liked the guitar bits here on this version but the rest is just simply not my thing. It's okay though i can easily just skip that song when i listen to the album. The rest of the selections on which i like the originals of so im sure the Melvins versions will be enjoyable.

Captain CoryCory

This immediately follows a Venom cover. Fucking hilarious!

I can't wait to see em' in Cincy!!

pinkyslim