Everybody Loves Sausages

Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anaconda

Might have been a review copy? I grabbed it and smiled!

Hot Pants

Quote from: cantona on May 01, 2013, 08:45:04 AM
Here is the video i filmed and directed for Attitude. Enjoy.
Melvins "Attitude"
thanks for posting it.

Quote from: pinkyslim on May 01, 2013, 01:57:02 PM
Quote from: glen on May 01, 2013, 11:15:03 AM
mistake number 1:   not preordering with the idea I would pick it up at the local record store
mistake number 2: walking into the local record store expecting to find it on the shelf
mistake number 3: driving across town to the other record store expecting to find it on the shelf there

so now it's wednesday may 1 and guess who does not have this album yet.    I'll give you a clue:  it's the same guy who is going to now have to wait a motherfucking week to get it delivered when he finally orders it online like he should have done in the first place.

ever had one of those days?

mistake number 4: being gay.

what an ass :lol:
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

acid policy

Quote from: glen on May 01, 2013, 11:15:03 AM
mistake number 1:   not preordering with the idea I would pick it up at the local record store
mistake number 2: walking into the local record store expecting to find it on the shelf
mistake number 3: driving across town to the other record store expecting to find it on the shelf there

so now it's wednesday may 1 and guess who does not have this album yet.    I'll give you a clue:  it's the same guy who is going to now have to wait a motherfucking week to get it delivered when he finally orders it online like he should have done in the first place.

ever had one of those days?

i preordered from amazon and its thursday and its still not here. someone said they preordered with best buy and got it monday

Oscar

I wasn't familiar with Pop-O-Pies, so having listened the White EP recently, I realized that that "make those donuts with extra grease, this batch is for the chief of police" hook is actually on Fascists Eat Donuts by Pop-O-Pies.

(((O)))

What's everyone's favourite songs from this one then?

'Romance' and 'Heathen Earth' for me!

JUDY

Quote from: )))((( on May 02, 2013, 10:06:54 AM
What's everyone's favourite songs from this one then?

'Romance' and 'Heathen Earth' for me!

Yep ^

Romance is definitely a top track for me. Buzzo kills it on vokills. Maybe it's because I miss his singing on some of the other tracks- I just might get overly excited when I hear em when that comes on.

Ugh, ugh. Heathen Earth is such a sexy ending to an amazing tribute record. THAT is what I expect Melvins to sound like twenty years from now when every bass player in the world has deceased and Buzz and Dale go on on their own.

A fine record all in all - I think Dreamhouse is the show stealer- surprisingly more so than Station to Station -- -Jello and the gang just fricken owns it, man. Top notch, ace shit, motherfuckers!!!

Venom riffage is so tough
My Best Friend reminds me of a Ween track
ART SCHOOL is MY JAM (no pun intended)
Female Trouble is a HOOT
I LOVE SAUSAGES!

Dumpster D

Tommorow Tommorow...Gonna Grab this Tommorow!  :P

Mad Rad!

deatheats

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/

Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.

(((O)))

Quote from: deatheats on May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 PM
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/170621-the-melvins-everybody-loves-sausages/

Just another reason I'm glad the Melvins don't care about what others think they should record or who they should record with.
For the most part, i actually agree with that review.

(PAUL)

Quote from: )))((( on May 03, 2013, 05:17:33 PM

For the most part, i actually agree with that review.  :oops:

You agree that Houdini came out in 1994?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

perzo)))

Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

TosT

wow, great review...
big words and occasionally weak grammar. obviously contrived writing style. embarrassing.

Metalhead Cow

I need to give this record some more listens, but I think my least favorite track is Art School.
In Every Dream Home A Heartache, Carpe Diem, Heathen Earth, Best Friend, Warhead, Black Betty, and Station To Station are stand out tracks. I really like Set It On Fire and Romance too, and Female Trouble has really grown on me. I guess for me the three tracks at the bottom would be Timothy Leary Lives, Attitude, and Art School.

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: )))((( on May 01, 2013, 04:52:36 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on April 30, 2013, 09:06:05 PM
I think I'll give the album an actual listen now.  :P
You're as bad as me! I get as excited just looking at the art/liner notes as i do actually listening.

Yeah, exactly! Yet you still throw the CD booklets away?  :facepalm:

black stallion

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on May 04, 2013, 12:17:41 PM
Quote from: )))((( on May 01, 2013, 04:52:36 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on April 30, 2013, 09:06:05 PM
I think I'll give the album an actual listen now.  :P
You're as bad as me! I get as excited just looking at the art/liner notes as i do actually listening.

Yeah, exactly! Yet you still throw the CD booklets away?  :facepalm:

:lol:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards