Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on August 14, 2013, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 01:32:29 PM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 01:30:47 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them 8) by Melvins

Plus I had no idea Alice Cooper was actually good until I heard Lysol!

Alice Cooper - Poison

same for me

[-X

you're right,shame on me. AC early stuff is amazing

:D

Alice Cooper - Changing Arranging
I got the shits real bad.

LuckMach3

I read this short review on amazon.com:
"Cover songs, still good. Every album but Stag is good. Melvins rule! Add to the collection. Peace, rock on Melvins!"

:-s

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but some people just genuinely confuse me.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

Satchel Paige

Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 07:19:19 PM
"Cover songs, still good. Every album but Stag is good. Melvins rule! Add to the collection. Peace, rock on Melvins!"

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but some people just genuinely confuse me.

Some people just hate Stag, and I can never understand why....

Grayfro

I'll second that, hell it's their masterpiece!

black stallion

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on August 14, 2013, 05:27:41 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on August 14, 2013, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 01:32:29 PM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 01:30:47 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them 8) by Melvins

Plus I had no idea Alice Cooper was actually good until I heard Lysol!

Alice Cooper - Poison

same for me

[-X

you're right,shame on me. AC early stuff is amazing

:D

Alice Cooper - Changing Arranging

that's great, i think it was produced by Zappa
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

buddy holiday

pretties for you is fantastic from start to finish!
easy action and love it to death are must haves too.
killer is still good, but no as good as these 3... imo

black stallion

Quote from: buddy holiday on August 15, 2013, 05:20:58 AM
pretties for you is fantastic from start to finish!
easy action and love it to death are must haves too.
killer is still good, but no as good as these 3... imo

yeah,those three are probably the best. i bought a boxset including Killer,School's Out and Billion Dollar Babies. it was very cheap
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

laughingwlucifer65

well to my surprise i havent seen any topic about this one yet..thoughts? concerns?

i like the mellow feel to female trouble...trevors singing in timothy leary lives makes me laugh for some reason ha

props for covering a throbbing gristle tune even though i love T.G. some songs  seem hard to cover

acid policy

this is the best melvins album since nude with boots, if not since hostile ambient takeover, if not since the crybaby, if not since houdini, if not since stag, if not since ozma, if not ever.

took a little while to realize, to learn the lay of the land. the album's got it all. on first listen i couldn't digest it. now that i kind of know it, shit! ace execution.

a sequel or series would be glorious. "people really love sausage." also, i get the album title now, one sausage is made from tons of pigs, like the album is made from tons of musicians.

also, the mix is so rich that mp3s and streams are not going to do it justice. you have to buy it.

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: Satchel Paige on August 14, 2013, 07:38:17 PM
Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 07:19:19 PM

Some people just hate Stag, and I can never understand why....

Quite a few throw-away tracks but I get the experimental and exploration mindset the album and the band conveys after enough listens. It ain't my favorite but it ain't terrible either.

Illusionator

Only just got hold of the album having avoided everything except the Queen cover up to now.

It's really good fun, an eclectic choice of tunes, maybe some of the covers are a bit true to the original, but actually it's a great album to drive/cycle to, and not many Melvins albums feel that way to me (too intense maybe??? I dunno). Made me feel very happy to hear my fave band doing one of my fave songs (Station to Station) and glad that one was note for note almost, though not sure why I was glad. Only criticism I'd have is that I've heard Biafra do that voice (hey, it is his voice I suppose) so many times it's paled a bit for me, but liked the version even if I prefer the Roxy original (their second album is another fave of mine).

Nice work  :D

musicismyradar

I can't stop listening to Warhead, loved it so much it got onto my workout mix.
I also like female trouble. The vibe... is incredible.

yem999

that warhead really kicks ass! Melvins is the best for working out
its what I mainly listen too when mountain biking, some pantera too

Hot Pants

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on September 16, 2013, 04:49:26 PM

Quite a few throw-away tracks but I get the experimental and exploration mindset the album and the band conveys after enough listens. It ain't my favorite but it ain't terrible either.

agreed. i think i only like about half of it.

this album has nothing on Freak Puke or Bulls & Bees.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Schnabster

Warhead and Station to Station are the most awesome on this tribute record, Jello does a marvellous job on Heartache.