Melvins, Red Kross, Frightwig New Years Eve 2014

Started by Idlehanz, January 01, 2014, 05:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

I'm keeping this purposely short as it's 3:30 am.  Great show, lotsa booze, good people. Nuff said.

I didn't film.  I wanted to just enjoy the show. More details later I suppose.

jules

___-----_____------_____

looking forward to your review ryan, didn't hear from the holy ghost either.  happy 2014 everyone!
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Captain CoryCory

Idlehanz

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on January 01, 2014, 01:15:02 PM
I wonder what the setlist was

Same as the Australia set list I believe. Details are foggy right now :)

___-----_____------_____

___-----_____------_____

___-----_____------_____

photo 3.  all sent to me from my buddy Ron who was at the show.

[attachment deleted by admin]

chopklop

Melvins were good of course and I almost hate to say it but Redd Kross blew them off the stage. At least I thought so. The last song when Frightwig (who were a lot of fun as well) came out and played with them was great.

John Schuller

Quote from: chopklop on January 02, 2014, 10:38:46 AM
Melvins were good of course and I almost hate to say it but Redd Kross blew them off the stage. At least I thought so. The last song when Frightwig (who were a lot of fun as well) came out and played with them was great.

Redd Kross are my other favorite band in the world next to Melvins. I bet they came out with GUNS a-blazing. I think the song that Frightwig would have done with Redd Kross is "Crazy World". Crazy World is a song by Frightwig that Redd Kross played on their Phaseshifter album and plays live quite often. It is very heavy! So heavy in fact that I was hoping that all three bands would have played it together - it would be a great song with a Melvins take on it.

So wish I could have made it to this show. I went last year to Redd Kross and Melvins and it was a dream come true.

I hope Melvins and Redd Kross do a tour together. They really should.

swampviking

Quote from: sadcorps on January 02, 2014, 12:10:42 PM

Redd Kross are my other favorite band in the world next to Melvins. I bet they came out with GUNS a-blazing. I think the song that Frightwig would have done with Redd Kross is "Crazy World". Crazy World is a song by Frightwig that Redd Kross played on their Phaseshifter album and plays live quite often. It is very heavy! So heavy in fact that I was hoping that all three bands would have played it together - it would be a great song with a Melvins take on it.

So wish I could have made it to this show. I went last year to Redd Kross and Melvins and it was a dream come true.

I hope Melvins and Redd Kross do a tour together. They really should.

It was Crazy World that Frightwig came on stage to play with Redd Kross. It was pretty great. OFF! has a bunch of stuff coming up, so probably not many Redd Kross shows after the few they already have scheduled.

black stallion

:shock:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Idlehanz

Quote from: black stallion on January 02, 2014, 01:56:24 PM

:shock:

All three bands were fucking great.  Usually I can pick apart something about a band on the bill, but I have no complaints this time.