King Buzzo - This Machine Kills Artists

Started by (the) flutter nuts, April 07, 2014, 02:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

A live version of The New River with the Big Business guys sounds amazing in my head.

))))((((

Just wanted to say how absolutely awesome this album is!! I think it's probably the best thing Buzz has put out for years. I want a sequel!!!

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 09, 2017, 06:32:14 AM
Just wanted to say how absolutely awesome this album is!! I think it's probably the best thing Buzz has put out for years. I want a sequel!!!

yeah that was awesome
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Fureon Nectarmoon

I wonder if he's already got new tunes ready for the upcoming solo show.

))))((((

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on February 02, 2018, 03:50:15 AM
Buzz is doing some solo shows?? That was news to me! I'd love to hear another Buzzo acoustic (or none acoustic!) record.

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 02, 2018, 04:05:17 AM
Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on February 02, 2018, 03:50:15 AM
Buzz is doing some solo shows?? That was news to me! I'd love to hear another Buzzo acoustic (or none acoustic!) record.
Just one – in a week. And regarding a "sequel", he did say "maybe I'll do another one" when asked about This Machine :) So who knows, we may be in for a surprise :)

black stallion

didn't know he had a solo show booked, cool

amazonAMAZON

I'd love if they'd revisit a few of these with Pinkus and SSM. An EP or a live record. "Laid Back Walking," "The New River," "Vaulting Over a Microphone," "Hesitation Twist" are some underrated tracks from my recent relistening. If anyone bemoans the Buzz writing as of late, this record is where to send them.

black stallion

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 20, 2018, 10:29:55 AM
I'd love if they'd revisit a few of these with Pinkus and SSM. An EP or a live record. "Laid Back Walking," "The New River," "Vaulting Over a Microphone," "Hesitation Twist" are some underrated tracks from my recent relistening. If anyone bemoans the Buzz writing as of late, this record is where to send them.

no doubt, speaking about Buzz songwriting, one of the best things he did in recent years

Oscar

the bloat

Does anyone know if Revolve and Let God Be Your Gardener on this album are acoustic with no drums? Do they differ much from the Five Legged Dog versions?

https://themelvins.net/wiki/index.php/King_Buzzo_-_This_Machine_Kills_Artists_Vol.1

Bigval

Quote from: the bloat on September 15, 2022, 10:00:19 PM
Does anyone know if Revolve and Let God Be Your Gardener on this album are acoustic with no drums? Do they differ much from the Five Legged Dog versions?

https://themelvins.net/wiki/index.php/King_Buzzo_-_This_Machine_Kills_Artists_Vol.1

From memory this album is purely Buzz vocals and guitar and is all the better for it IMO, a cracking solo album.

vince furnier

Quote from: the bloat on September 15, 2022, 10:00:19 PM

no drums for sure. new acoustic versions.
but i need to brush up on my 5 legged dog  :anonymous:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery