Ozma bootleg making the rounds

Started by deatheats, August 28, 2014, 01:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deatheats

I was just flipping through the Melvins section at 2nd Ave. records and noticed an Ozma bootleg.
They had nicely labeled it as 'unofficial' but I hadn't seen one up until now and didn't see a listing in Discogs  either.

Just wanted to give the heads up to everyone in case a too good to be true copy makes its way onto the ebay without disclaimers.

I ended buying the Melvins/Isis split instead  \:D/

brian

Quote from: deatheats on August 28, 2014, 01:59:48 PM
I was just flipping through the Melvins section at 2nd Ave. records and noticed an Ozma bootleg.
They had nicely labeled it as 'unofficial' but I hadn't seen one up until now and didn't see a listing in Discogs  either.

Just wanted to give the heads up to everyone in case a too good to be true copy makes its way onto the ebay without disclaimers.

I ended buying the Melvins/Isis split instead  \:D/

probably originated from this plant: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28325025

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-MELVINS-JELLO-BIAFRA-KYUSS-QUEENS-OF-STONE-AGE-REDD-KROSS-NOFX-NIRVANA-/321499465331?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4adadc8673

Buckwh3at

The bootleggers even printed the insert.  Impressive.

deatheats

It really doesn't seem possible that the pirates could really be recovering the costs of producing these.

vaporInhaler

I just got home from 2nd ave records.  We were probably perusing right next to each other. I did see the OZMA 'unofficial' as well as the GPT 'unofficial.'  My buddy picked up the GPT bootleg elsewhere on a whim and ended up taking it back because the center labels were double printed (two side A's). 
I have no idea who Glen is...

grow what you smoke

deatheats

Quote from: vaporInhaler on August 28, 2014, 03:55:20 PM
I just got home from 2nd ave records.  We were probably perusing right next to each other. I did see the OZMA 'unofficial' as well as the GPT 'unofficial.'  My buddy picked up the GPT bootleg elsewhere on a whim and ended up taking it back because the center labels were double printed (two side A's).

Damn small world ain't it!

Dumpster D

Can anyone actually say how the Bootleg pressing holds up to the original LP. I dont have either these on vinyl.

Hot Pants

it certainly looks nice just going by the pic.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

deatheats

It was certainly pretty...I contemplated buying it for a second as I don't have Ozma on vinyl yet.