Willis and Warren

Started by Dumpster D, October 19, 2014, 06:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Uh...well, working with Buzz and Dale would probly drive you and challenge you harder than you could ever imagine.

anaconda

like i said in another topic, i predict a fall 2015 album with the big bizzers!!

meezer

Quote from: anaconda on October 24, 2014, 01:41:46 AM
like i said in another topic, i predict a fall 2015 album with the big bizzers!!
And I predict that this year IS NOT the year I finally go see the Warped Tour!  :P
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

(the) Razor

Quote from: anaconda on October 24, 2014, 01:41:46 AM

Melvin's could almost get a subscription plan done with all their consistent releases.....sign me up.
Don't click this

Dumpster D

Im with Conda on this, something tells me it will be an all star tour de force if its gonna be anything.

Never Expect the next move, these guys are always Ten steps ahead of everyone.

Satchel Paige

HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZZY!!!??
AM I THE ONLY ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES?
WHAT THE KINGS SAYS GOES!!!!!!
BB is awesome, hands down, i appreciate their work by themselves and with the Melvs even more as the days grow colder
but for god's sake if you're that worried about  pull up the youtube and watch a tour video,
and pull that pud
if it happens again great!
if it doesn't get over it.

Quote from: acid policy on October 21, 2014, 10:18:53 AM
they're great but i'm happy they have multiple line ups, it allows for more.

it took me 2 3/4 pages to actually find somebody with some uncommon sense.
it has never been announced that the BB are out of the band.
what makes more sense to me is that there will be more tours coming up, different lineups
and buzzo has mentioned several times that he wants to maybe have tours with 2-3 or god forbid 4 lineups
it could happen
but if it doesn't... well to bad

so take my advice,
and close your eyes,
put on some senile animal, or nude with boots
hope you don't toot
and if you still haven't pull one off,
listen to BSM or Bullz & Beez
and if that doesn't get you off then you're probably dead

LuckMach3

I'm pretty sure Jared and Coady hold the record for longest amount of time playing with Buzz and Dale without getting fired.   :D

I'm really looking forward to the next Belvins album.  A Senile Animal and Nude With Boots are still two of my favorite records.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

Yanayaya

Quote from: Dumpster D on October 19, 2014, 06:38:36 AM
A Lot of people arent fully sold on These members of the band even now, but I mean Only because they are such a Close match to being equally heavy on their own.

honestly They worked their butts off and made it happen and the hard work paid off, Earned their place to play in the Melvins, who obviously have a good ear for talent, you dont pass that up...you Just dont do it.

Remember what a dream come true these two boys are to this band.

It was probly one of the best things to happen to the melvins, saved the day. 

Lately Ive been playing the Big Biz Tour EP II and It Rules Ok. Its fucking badass heavy as hell, better *sounding* than their produced Albums in my oppinion...not that its better or worse, Just my ear likes the Cut and dry over the Glossy stock in the Full-lengths. 

That EP is a Gem in my CD collection.

Kevin had left the Melvins and that could have been a near case of;  All She wrote for a minute there.

Buzz was asked about that in a recent interview and made me realize Just how the whole Rutabega Rottenhaus thing went over for the band after youve Just put out some of your very best work to date.

Would KILL YA!!! YOU WOULD WANT TO CRAWL UP AND DIE!!!

Realize that without Big-biz to Breathe a new wind into the bands sails and help chart a new heading...that a lot of Great stuff you are now listening to was potentially like the Family photo from back to the future Starting to fade out of existance for a minute or two even. (not that the band would have been done completely at that point or anything by and stretch)

things may have gone in a way different direction than they took.

Look at how its Turned a fresh chapter for the band and allowed all the things that are happening now to happen.

Thank you Coady and Danger bass PLayin Daddy Jare.

We love you and miss you!!!

War on Wisdom is one of my top very most fav Melvins tunes ever ever.

XOXOX

Agreed.  In my opinion (a) Senile Animal is Melvins masterpiece as well.  I had the good fortune to thank Cody for joining Melvins and taking their music to a whole new level.  Unfortunately Mr. Warren was far too drunk to take anything like that on.  It was NYE!
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

Bigval

Quote from: Yanayaya on October 25, 2014, 11:37:24 AMAgreed.  In my opinion (a) Senile Animal is Melvins masterpiece as well.

It's an awesome album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uADoQoDfcNU

Top shelf.

John Schuller

I love each and every lineup this band has ever had. I do not ever want to see the end of Big Biz in Melvins, and I want as much variety in their lineups as they are willing to give.

(the) Razor

I hope they have a break.

For new Fantomas.
Don't click this

))))((((

With the recent news of the next planned Melvins records somewhat out there with Steve involved, i have a feeling that the days of Big Biz Melvins are long gone. I just can't really see that there will ever be another Melvins album with just the two of them again. Possibly a few tracks here and there like on Basses Loaded and ...Sausages but not a full studio release. Amazing to think that Bulls And The Bees (the last thing they put out together) is now 5 years ago! For the record i liked Senile, Nude and Bride but i think a change is good also.

dirtmerchant

As much as I like the newer releases the last real quality release they did was Bulls and the bees. Everythkng since then has had a good bit of filler. With the exception of The tres album. I really liked that one. I just don't see what the big deal is with Steve. I don't think he adds anything but a new level of goofiness that really hurts the dignity of the melvins to me. I know I'll probably get some shit for that but whatever. He doesn't add anything musically. I feel like anyone could have his tone, nothing stands out about it. Jared on the other hand, well, need I say more. I say this as a jaded fan who only wants a new big melvins album. Haha. I know the guy is talented and all. I've read an interview where Dale said he is the best bass player they've ever played with and that may be true. But when it comes to melvins songs I don't hear anything special

GiveMe45

Surprised that with both Melvins and Murder City Devils playing Psycho Las Vegas there hasn't been speculation it might be Big Melvins lineup.

John Schuller

Quote from: dirtmerchant on February 19, 2017, 06:34:03 PM
As much as I like the newer releases the last real quality release they did was Bulls and the bees. Everythkng since then has had a good bit of filler. With the exception of The tres album. I really liked that one. I just don't see what the big deal is with Steve. I don't think he adds anything but a new level of goofiness that really hurts the dignity of the melvins to me. I know I'll probably get some shit for that but whatever. He doesn't add anything musically. I feel like anyone could have his tone, nothing stands out about it. Jared on the other hand, well, need I say more. I say this as a jaded fan who only wants a new big melvins album. Haha. I know the guy is talented and all. I've read an interview where Dale said he is the best bass player they've ever played with and that may be true. But when it comes to melvins songs I don't hear anything special

In the world of Melvins bass players, no one can top Jared's tone.

However, as far as musically, Steven's level of musical knowledge/ability/technique allows him to embellish the music with the use of harmony, melody and counterpoint on the bass in a classic bass player way (think of how rock bassists played in the late 60's - early 70's.). Jared is a master of tone and heaviness, his bass playing is incredibly tasteful and perfectly thick and fuzzy. Ain't nothing wrong with preferring one over the other - it is all about what you like to hear in music.

I remember back when Mark D joined the band and a real good friend of mine and massive Melvins fanatic HATED the bass playing on Stoner Witch. So much so that he didn't get back into the Melvins until Kevin joined. At the time I thought he was crazy, especially knowing that Buzz plays all kinds of bass on that album and Mark D plays guitar on it too. But, now that I am older and have a lot more years of playing bass under my belt, I HEAR what Mark is doing on the bass. He has a deep understanding of music theory as well (like Steve and Trevor). Hence his basslines contributing to the music in a different way than Matt, Joe, Lorax or Kevin.

And Kevin contributes in ways that Steven, Trevor and Mark D could never do.

They are all just different flavors of bad ass in my book of bass.