The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

We are close to launching our Kickstarter for The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale. While we have a lot of great prizes lined up, we are interested in hearing what you guys would like to see offered. Keep in mind, we aren't asking for costs, we just want to know what you would be interested in seeing for prizes.  Also keep in mind, a Kickstarter isn't a store.  You get a prize (or multiple prizes) for contributing towards something that you want to see made, with the end goal being that the money is raised and the movie is made.  We've been working on this for years.  That doesn't mean it gets finished.  There is a lot of work left to do, and we will need help doing it.

With that in mind, let's hear your ideas.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Possible prizes:
1. Digital downloads of songs, and/or the movie.
2. DVD of the movie
3. Signed things (posters, dvds, photos, etc.)
4. shirt made specifically for the kickstarter
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Idlehanz

Quote from: meezer on January 30, 2015, 09:31:44 PM
Stuff that would keep Jules up at night.  :evil:

We're basing every prize solely around draining Jules bank account.

Satchel Paige

As a paperboy I'd like raw footage included in downloaded/dvd material that wasn't included in the final cut release..imo

bUTTHOLEmAN

Drumsticks, drumming gloves, old drum heads, old muumuus, old guitars.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Idlehanz on January 30, 2015, 09:27:47 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 30, 2015, 08:52:45 PM
LIMITED VINYL.....  :evil:

While this is a great idea, actually mastering music and pressing vinyl just isn't feasible. The costs are to high. I wish we could.  I really wish we could.
Perhaps a live recording of a rare/unheard song burned on to usb flash drives?

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

jules

Quote from: meezer on January 30, 2015, 09:31:44 PM
Stuff that would keep Jules up at night.
:x  And I thought I'd reached the stage where I'd never have to think about working overtime.

Idle, how much interest is there inside Melvins (and with Mackie and Haze) to actually get the movie produced? I'm assuming neither Melvins, Mackie or Haze are going to make any money from it directly, so any prizes they are willing to contribute will have to be ones that don't cost them anything in the first place.

With Melvins, Mackie, Haze in mind as the main contributors of prizes:

1. A VIP pass for a day or a weekend at a Melvins-related Grumpy's Bash. A meet-and-greet, free lunch with the band, a poster and a shirt signed by everyone concerned and a look round Haze's studio and garden shed.

2. Ditto for a Los Angeles-hosted gig or Residency.

2. A guest list pass for 1, 2 and 5 shows. Valid anywhere for that year.

3. A morning being taught how to use Mackie's Deeohgee Press and running off the sleeves of the next batch of 50 letterpress CDs yourself.

4. Carte blanche to produce the artwork for a future Melvins release / shirt.

5. An invitation to sit in on a Melvins recording with Toshi and the band.

6. A round of golf with Buzz and Alice Cooper. Free lunch included.

7. A morning of drum lessons with Dale and Coady followed by sitting in on drums that evening for a song at the gig.

Physical Prizes
Mackie/Haze/Walsby prints.

A special repress of Shit Sandwich with test pressings.

Dumpster D

haha, Mostly what Jules said.

- a small run of C45 Cassettes with Autographed liners of un-released Demos  [-o<

-pack of half a dozen Buttons (Large or small)

-a guitar lesson From Buzz if hes a good sport about something like that.

- a Drum Lesson From Dale too would be pretty gnar.

But like, yeah, studio Tours and Promos and passes etc would be divine.

I will Toss a few sheckles in for sure.

Bigval

One cool thing the group did that put together the Crystal Lake Memories documentary on the Friday The 13th movie franchise was to offer up a bonus disc of extended/uncut interviews for pre-orders & early birds. I think it was normally a 4 disc set but if you got in early it was 5 discs something like that.

I heard it about it too late and I'm still sore about missing out on the bonus disc!

buddy holiday

special edtion packages of the movie.
maybe you can team-up with the crybaby and rockishell records for some cool printing and package stuff?

buddy holiday

take some live recordings that appear in the movie as full versions and record them to cassettes... seperate the tracks with selected spoken quotes from the movie, by the band members for example.
something like 3 to 5 songs interupted by 2 to 4 spoken pieces.
put the same program on both side of the tape, make a xerox cover.

kinda like a promo tape for the movie.

jonE5

There are some really great ideas here. I look forward to helping this get made. Hopefully there will be a NYC screening when it is finally complete.

bUTTHOLEmAN

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes