The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

Quote from: StrangerDanger on March 12, 2015, 02:10:04 AM
Just an idea: How about getting some sponsors? Either if its a magazine, a musical instrument brand, something that can fit.
i had the same thought...
also all the rockstars that mention melvins as the rock-gods (they truly are) in every other interview should donate... get anselmo to finance the rest!!  :D

StrangerDanger

Quote from: buddy holiday on March 12, 2015, 02:56:05 AM
Quote from: StrangerDanger on March 12, 2015, 02:10:04 AM
Just an idea: How about getting some sponsors? Either if its a magazine, a musical instrument brand, something that can fit.
i had the same thought...
also all the rockstars that mention melvins as the rock-gods (they truly are) in every other interview should donate... get anselmo to finance the rest!!  :D

If there is any of the involved that has experience with sale, either via phone or face to face, you should start up contacting pronto, cause there could very well be a possibility
for them to earn money on it. That chap in Redey Fox could be contacted, isnt`t there a football team that uses Melvins chants as intro, contact them, Third man records.... Etc, etc. This donation idea is good, but you could reach the goal much quicker if you divided up whats left in either one part, or 2,3 or more parts, and sell it. The movie should be avaliable for the big festivals around the world to screen, many of them have cinemas where they show alternative films and rockumentaries during the festival period. If there also is some stuff about
KISS and Nirvana on this film, then you can be pretty sure it can awaken the interest of their fans. Some inside stories etc. Interview with Gene Simmons? One could do interviews with
many of the known bands Melvins has toured with, Tool etc, interview with Jack White. It must for all sake not become a sell out film, but if money is an issue and if one wants to maybe
also have the possibility to earn some grands on it, the possibilites are many. It will not be a walk in the park this eaither, but with some effort the goal can be reached.

meezer

backers
$38,057
pledged of $75,000 goal
days to go!!!

Over halfway there!  :excited:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

oldies radio

All analog. Reel to reel. Fab Four. Little Deuce Coupe. Under My Thumb. Who's better than the Funk Brothers? No one!

meezer

So here's what I learned, if you want more than one reward.
I put in the wife's name, another email and credit card number, shipped to the same address. Come on, Mrs Glenanna! Whatcha got?  :o
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

anaconda

Bard had a good idea  :shock:

If we can get Adam/Tool, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Jack White, Mark Arm, Matt Pike, etc etc to
each tweet about this to their millions of followers, it would be over the top in a matter of days!

Idlehanz

Quote from: meezer on March 12, 2015, 08:20:41 PM
So here's what I learned, if you want more than one reward.
I put in the wife's name, another email and credit card number, shipped to the same address. Come on, Mrs Glenanna! Whatcha got?  :o

Sorry about this issue guys, but it's the way Kickstarter works. 

I really wish there was an easier work around, but it's just the way it is. 

Your efforts to help us fund this are extremely appreciated :D

Idlehanz

Quote from: anaconda on March 12, 2015, 08:32:00 PM

If we can get Adam/Tool, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Jack White, Mark Arm, Matt Pike, etc etc to
each tweet about this to their millions of followers, it would be over the top in a matter of days!

A lot of these people have been tweeted.  It's up to them to retweet anything of ours.

meezer

Quote from: Idlehanz on March 12, 2015, 09:41:56 PM
Quote from: anaconda on March 12, 2015, 08:32:00 PM

A lot of these people have been tweeted.  It's up to them to retweet anything of ours.
What does a Matt Pike tweet smell like?  :toke:

anaconda

meezer

StrangerDanger

Quote from: meezer on March 13, 2015, 01:45:37 AM
Quote from: StrangerDanger on March 13, 2015, 01:01:22 AM
What about sponsorship?
This ain't Nu Metal.    =;

It all depends what sponsors and I guess its better with enough money to finish i earlier, than not knowing when the goal i reached. And dont undermine me Meez!

meezer

Quote from: StrangerDanger on March 13, 2015, 02:00:34 AM
Quote from: meezer on March 13, 2015, 01:45:37 AM
Quote from: StrangerDanger on March 13, 2015, 01:01:22 AM
What about sponsorship?
This ain't Nu Metal.    =;

It all depends what sponsors and I guess its better with enough money to finish i earlier, than not knowing when the goal i reached. And dont undermine me Meez!
Like this?  [-X

[attachment deleted by admin]

John Schuller

I hope you are getting Grohl for the documentary? He seems like he is up for being in any documentary so being in a Melvins one should be a dream for him!