The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StrangerDanger

Quote from: Idlehanz on March 15, 2015, 04:45:11 PM
Quote from: StrangerDanger on March 15, 2015, 04:41:13 PM
Wait a minute? Will I have to pay 300 US Dollars to watch the movie? That`s 2000 norwegiaqn kroner and that`s an amount I can`t defend vs my family to spend. I shall not
say what amount I will give, but it`s not near that amount. I did not know it was download only, I though this would come out as a dvd or something and then I would certainly buy it. I`m not interested in any prices, I will give just to contribute to it getting finished, but if I will have to pay 300 usd to see it, well then I will have to join the asshole club. Cause
300 dollars is much money and I can`t afford it. But please fill me in, if I contriubute with let`s say 70 dollars, what will that give me?

Who in the hell ever said you had to pay $300 to watch the movie?

Who said it was download only?!?

Have you even looked at the Kickstarter page?

My bad, I read the line Ian wrote about 20 vs 300 dollars, I skimmed. Bedtime in Norway now, my head is tired. :lol:

Btw, I think it`s ok with a limit on 20 pounds to be able to download, I will give much more.

Chief Ten Beers

I plugged this over @ the Clutch, Nomeansno, and Zappa official forums. If it gets a few people interested, I'm glad. Not on facecrook, so that's the only way I know of to spread the word on the net.

Bro Hammer

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 15, 2015, 05:05:25 PM
I plugged this over @ the Clutch, Nomeansno, and Zappa official forums. If it gets a few people interested, I'm glad. Not on facecrook, so that's the only way I know of to spread the word on the net.

I'm not on Facebook either so it's been word of mouth for me. Kinda sucks. Actually I should start plugging it more on my Instagram account since that's the only social media I'm on.

StrangerDanger

Idlehanz has blocked my pm, so I will have to just say what I wanted to pm, that my responce was wrong, I`ve deleted, delete yours and we`re ok.

PS! I think also that it ain`t good if a mod blocks pms from forumists, most probably Idle ignores me to, but that`s no suprise. And a mod ain`t excactly doing what a mod shall do if he doesn`t have the possibility to see if forumists steps over the line. Then it only becomes title. So here you have it Idle, the Bergenzian asshole contributes to this cause although you can`t stand his scthick. (And I ain`t excactly thrilled to contribute to a filmmaker who is behaving generally hostile towards me for some reason I don`t know)

As far as for the movie, I wish for all the Melvinsfans that i will come through.

Chief Ten Beers

Oh, an important question:
Will Neil Hamburger be featured in this film? He should be, whether he has something good or bad to say about Melvins.

StrangerDanger

Quote from: meezer on March 15, 2015, 05:18:49 PM
Quote from: StrangerDanger on March 15, 2015, 05:09:59 PM
Idlehanz has blocked my pm, so I will have to just say what I wanted to pm, that my responce was wrong, I`ve deleted, delete yours and we`re ok.

PS! I think also that it ain`t good if a mod blocks pms from forumists, most probably Idle ignores me to, but that`s no suprise. So here you have it Idle, the Bergenzian
asshole contributes although you can`t stand his scthick.
Not the time or place for this. Don't worry about it. He's got a lot going on.

Me and Idle go way back, long before your time, we used to get along. I choose when the time and place is right, the most important thing is that this message gets out and
then the mods will delete it, after reading what my opinion is, and that`s ok by me. But no one should expect me to look at them as stars for making this movie, especially
if they don`t reply and act ok towards me. Everybody works as slaves on this planets, no one has forced Idle and others to make it, I reckon they do it cause they love it, and
that they`re not crying after every workday. And you Meez joke about my sponsor idea, but that would give the creators much less stress and more space. Instead of gallopping towards a deadline. It`s not excactly finding up the wheel-idea, many has gone down that road before and it doesn`t have to destroy the project.

Satchel Paige

Quote from: meezer on March 15, 2015, 01:23:48 PM
Quote from: Satchel Paige on March 15, 2015, 01:15:39 PM
Why is everybody actin' like a bunch of slacked-jawwed fags?

I can't wait until payday so I can contribute....
"Funds will be withdrawn on April 8th, if the project is successful funded", per the Kickstarter confirmation e-mail. If you happen to be coveting a certain reward that might not be there for long.

You see I don't know what to choose meez. Whatever you chose I'll choose something different so we don't match

Idlehanz

I don't remember why or when I blocked you. Consider yourself unblocked.

Neither myself nor Bob has ever expected to be treated any differently, and I really have no idea why anyone would think we would.

I am going to correct any bad information, and defend whatever choices we've made in regards to this film.

We appreciate the ideas and thoughts about how to treat the film, who to interview, and how to market it.  I can assure you we've been up and down every one of those roads many times.  Getting a certain person for the movie can be a great idea, but it doesn't mean THEY want to be in the movie.

We're trying to make an entertaining movie about the Melvins. Thats the nuts and bolts of it.

I'm trying to answer whatever questions I can from you guys. I'm also trying to let you all argue and discuss it.  But I can't sit back and let incorrect information be said without saying something back.

anaconda

I didnt know Bob was involved in The Color of Noise doco as well...interesting

They just said that on The Bayer Clan radio show.

Chief Ten Beers

Does everyone realize what an important piece of history this fucking film will be? It's gonna be on the same level as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTpyocmlzcM

GiveMe45

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on March 15, 2015, 06:51:35 PM
Does everyone realize what an important piece of history this fucking film will be?

There are a few music docs that I can sit and watch over and over and not get sick of them.  I imagine I'll be able to just put this one on repeat and never turn it off.  So I will be donating toward one of the 3 disc boxes.

John Schuller

Man - some of you all are dicks. Most of you all are cool. I'm stoked that two dudes here on the forum are making this film. The dicks should keep their peeholes quiet. You wouldn't act like such entitled asses if you were hanging out in person with the guys making this film. Knock it off, grow up and pinch it off.

That is a seriously great list of people coming together.

I hope for:
Mark D
Lori B
Joe P

even if it meant it delays the film!!!

Other people that would be great to have interviews with would be:
David Scott Stone
Lustmord
Joe Baressi
Adam Jones
Leif Garrett
Henry Rollins
Victor Hayden
Dan Raymond
Gene Simmons
Dale's Mom (she had so many great stories when I talked to her in Olympia at the 20th anniversary show)
Mackie
John Zorn
Mike Patton
Chris Dodge
Brian Walsby
Dylan Carlson
Krist Novoselic

Again - I am stoked that this is going to happen. Great work guys. I am not sure if you are going to have any narration over the movie at all - but if you need any - let me know. I do voice over work and would donate my time and work. If no need no worries!

Cannot wait!

molotov

MIKE PATTON UBER ALLES.
We really need him for the movie.

StrangerDanger

Quote from: Idlehanz on March 15, 2015, 05:59:33 PM
I don't remember why or when I blocked you. Consider yourself unblocked.

Appreiate that Idle. Regarding this blocking/ignoring-option, if one doesn't like posta from certain membersscroll by and dont read! But never mind that, this is a thread about a film, carry on.

Fuzzo

I'm yet to contribute, unsure which reward to chose. Not the biggest fan of the t-shirt designs but think they'll look great as posters. Personally I think the $300 option with the third disc to be the best reward, however $300 buys a lot in this world and I can not afford to  flash my cash around so frivolously but definitely want to be in on this. Round of applause for the filmmakers efforts thus far...

How fast are the credits with our names going to be rolling? Maybe they could be done Star Wars style...