The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimReaper

Is there any one who you think is important to the Melvins story that you just can't locate, or who opts not to participate?

John Schuller

Quote from: GrimReaper on September 08, 2015, 03:56:10 AM

Is there any one who you think is important to the Melvins story that you just can't locate, or who opts not to participate?

The Big 3 that are not opting (unless something has changed) are Lorax, Mark D. and Joe. Their legacies will just have to stand on their own - which they do.

glen

I'm somewhat surprised Joe wanted zero involvement seeing as he's all tight with the BIZ boys.        somewhat....
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

homeless_dad

Quote from: sadcorps on September 08, 2015, 11:45:01 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on September 08, 2015, 03:56:10 AM

The Big 3 that are not opting (unless something has changed) are Lorax, Mark D. and Joe.
What a shame.
Is Ian back yet??

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: glen on September 08, 2015, 12:58:05 PM
I'm somewhat surprised Joe wanted zero involvement seeing as he's all tight with the BIZ boys.
I thought the same thing too.
I'm guessing it had something to do with the stories about his laziness with the solo albums, and how he got fired.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

glen

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 08, 2015, 02:01:31 PM
Quote from: glen on September 08, 2015, 12:58:05 PM
I'm somewhat surprised Joe wanted zero involvement seeing as he's all tight with the BIZ boys.
I thought the same thing too.
I'm guessing it had something to do with the stories about his laziness with the solo albums, and how he got fired.

yep.       also...    by now it should be obvious that with Buzz Osborne and Dale Crover business is business.      nothing supersedes that. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.

(PAUL)

GiveMe45 told me Joe got screwed pretty bad by the band actually. So did Matt participate in this despite his hatred towards Buzz?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: (PAUL) on September 08, 2015, 03:01:52 PM
So did Matt participate in this despite his hatred towards Buzz?
From what I've heard, he doesn't hate Buzz.
He was interviewed.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

black stallion

Quote from: (PAUL) on September 08, 2015, 03:01:52 PM
GiveMe45 told me Joe got screwed pretty bad by the band actually. So did Matt participate in this despite his hatred towards Buzz?

is GiveMe45 friend of Joe? if so I'm jealous
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 09, 2015, 11:48:27 AM
i've ever seen any footage of that tour (or gig??). I'd like to know more about what that was all about.
The Cameron Jamie/melvins tour was amazing.  For example, at the UCLA show, the crowd contained a lot of people that usually wouldn't go to a melvins show.  The concert took place in a theater, and everyone was seated.  The melvins stood in front of the screen, the lights dimmed, and the movie started.  The focus was on the screen, yet you could still make out the melvins playing in front, a live soundtrack.  At one point, Dale picked up a cymbal, started clanging it, and running around the theater, making a full loop, ending back behind the drum kit.  Music-wise, I think it was mostly songs from the 'pigs of the roman empire'.

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

glen

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 09, 2015, 12:12:58 PM
At one point, Dale picked up a cymbal, started clanging it, and running around the theater, making a full loop, ending back behind the drum kit.  Music-wise, I think it was mostly songs from the 'pigs of the roman empire'.

yeah the Cameron Jaime music was basically a modified version of POTRE.    and this was at the height (IMO) of their noise production.  and when I say noise production I don't mean noise production.   I mean NOISE PRODUCTION.

Bro Hammer

Quote from: glen on September 09, 2015, 12:26:25 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 09, 2015, 12:12:58 PM
At one point, Dale picked up a cymbal, started clanging it, and running around the theater, making a full loop, ending back behind the drum kit.  Music-wise, I think it was mostly songs from the 'pigs of the roman empire'.

yeah the Cameron Jaime music was basically a modified version of POTRE.    and this was at the height (IMO) of their noise production.  and when I say noise production I don't mean noise production.   I mean NOISE PRODUCTION.

Here's the only clip I could find. I thought I remembered more of them floating around, but yeah here they're doing a indistinguishable version of Roman Bird Dog and I do remember seeing clips with them doing POTRE too. I wish I could've seen this in person.

https://youtu.be/6e-hA8yvJfI

bUTTHOLEmAN

I wonder if Roadbull, or Gareth, or Smelly, or Moss has been interviewed?

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

Dumpster D

Smelly!!!  :lol:

Maybe you can dig up a few Larrys for us, or how about Steve instant Newman!