The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

Today we spent a few hours filling poster tubes.  They should be going out early next week. 

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

jules

Rusty Shackleford

Idlehanz

For those that wonder...  The Walsby poster is 23x35 and the Skinner and Roper posters are 18x24.

homeless_dad

Just got an email about the limited Blu-ray/DVD box delay.  The email stated mid 2016, So I'm assuming it will be about a year before it's shipped.

Honestly, Idle, do you think a delay of over a year could happen??
I know how things go (and this is a massive project) and I could possibly see this drawing for a while.  Your thoughts??

Please prove me wrong.
Is Ian back yet??

Idlehanz

I'm not sure which email you are referring to specifically: I will PM you about it. 

Our goal is to have the film ready for theatrical release in early 2106.  However, we are still looking for additional early footage and continuing to add interviews.  The production process may take longer than originally anticipated, but we want to make sure we are doing this right. 

Keep in mind that having the film ready for a theatrical release is different than having it ready for physical production on Blu-Ray and DVD, especially since those will contain additional features. 

As we get closer to a finished product, we will be able to give more specific info about the release dates. 

homeless_dad

Is Ian back yet??

DC

Quote from: homeless_dad on September 13, 2015, 12:05:02 AM
2016, I'm assuming.
Sounds about right, remember that it's a tink bit more complicated than taking a memory card full of interviews to Walmart and having them printed out.

John Schuller

I'll be stoked even if we have to wait for 2017! This project is going to rock and I cannot even imagine the amount of work making a documentary would take.

Chomas

Quote from: homeless_dad on September 12, 2015, 06:48:54 PM
Just got an email about the limited Blu-ray/DVD box delay.  The email stated mid 2016, So I'm assuming it will be about a year before it's shipped.

I know how things go (and this is a massive project) and I could possibly see this drawing for a while.  Your thoughts??

Please prove me wrong.

I'd rather he takes as long as he needs even if it came out in 2017.  Don't rush him man.

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on September 13, 2015, 12:41:02 PM
I'd prefer if it came out right now so we can stop hearing about it for another year. Ha!
:lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

homeless_dad

Quote from: Chomas on September 13, 2015, 12:20:08 PM
Quote from: homeless_dad on September 12, 2015, 06:48:54 PM

Please prove me wrong.
Don't rush him man.
That's wasn't my intention and I'm  sorry to Idle & co. if it came across that way.  No disrespect. I guess I meant as long as it comes out. I know some kickstarters that never see the light of day after getting the cash. Just hoping it does see the light of day. That's all I meant.
Is Ian back yet??

homeless_dad

Quote from: DC on September 13, 2015, 12:31:52 AM
2016, I'm assuming.
Sounds about right, remember that it's a tink bit more complicated than taking a memory card full of interviews to Walmart and having them printed out.
His original comment stated 2106. I might be dead by then.
Is Ian back yet??

DC

Quote from: homeless_dad on September 13, 2015, 01:23:09 PM
Quote from: DC on September 13, 2015, 12:31:52 AM
2016, I'm assuming.
His original comment stated 2106. I might be dead by then.

you aren't allowed to die till I see something in writing about that Melvins collection of yours, mister.