The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelk

I'm certainly more excited about the movie reading your enthusiasm about it, DC! I hope it comes to Minneapolis (or bluray) soon enough.

And I think it's awesome that they've influenced your riffing. I know they've certainly influenced mine as well!

Der L

I just hope we don't have to wait toooooooo long to get the dvd's/blu ray's in our hands, I can't wait to see this.

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on May 21, 2016, 11:56:22 AM
Yes, hats off to the filmmakers and all involved for making this happen.

Very much this.

glen

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

FartLips

I just dont have the will to bother with buying the vast array of melvins this and that, but i will get this at some point, if only just because it was created by someone i trust would do no less than his best. Cant wait.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

vince furnier

The brand new (the) Melvins documentary, The Colossus Of Destiny - A Melvins Tale is screening at Psycho Las Vegas! The L.A. screening got RAVE reviews and this will be one of only 3 screenings left. Be one of the first to see this soon-to-be classic documentary! Get your 3 Day Passes now, which include a free fourth day, the pre-party extravaganza, Psycho Pool Party! 30% off rooms with offer code: psych16

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FpsychoLasVegas%2Fposts%2F1052406794851712&width=500
Welcome to my Nightmare!
inbox is currently 82% full. TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
"uh no, but we do know that meezer is vince furnier" - brian

Hot Pants

totally jealous of the folks who got to see this on the big screen. cant wait to get my copy one day!
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

anaconda

is there any Mark D or Joe Preston interviews in the final cut?

homeless_dad

Quote from: anaconda on June 01, 2016, 09:24:46 PM
I was also wondering if they caught up with Lori.
Is Ian back yet??

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: homeless_dad on June 02, 2016, 11:23:41 PM
Quote from: anaconda on June 01, 2016, 09:24:46 PM
I was also wondering if they caught up with Lori.
They weren't able to get an interview with Lori.  Mark D, and Joe, I'm not sure.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Idlehanz

Lori, Mark, and Joe all declined to be interviewed.  And we asked many, many times. 

))))((((

Quote from: Idlehanz on June 03, 2016, 11:00:49 AM
Lori, Mark, and Joe all declined to be interviewed.  And we asked many, many times.
It's funny to think of things like that, how not participating might suggest a certain thing. Negative connotations maybe. Yet at the same time i guess no interviewee (or at least ones with strained or tricky relations) knows quite how what they say will be treated or presented or in what context. After all, no one wants to come across, rightly or wrongly, as the bad guy. So i can respect both the desire to revel in the past in nostalgic terms or alternatively the feeling of just wanting to move on and not look back. To draw a line under it.

deatheats

Thanks for trying!

John Schuller

Quote from: deatheats on June 03, 2016, 11:46:18 AM

Thanks for trying!

Indeed. Although it would have been great if they would have agreed to be interviewed (I mean, the Matt Lukin interview footage is amazing!!!! And the Kevin footage too!!!) - they are still covered in great detail and all of them given proper respect by Buzz and Dale. No one was trash talked or shit upon - and you could tell that it is never any fun for them to fire someone.

I did personally reach out to Mark D in hopes that he would be interviewed - he told me that he was happy there was a documentary being made and that the music that he made with the Melvins was his statement on the Melvins. Gotta respect that!!

The documentary was amazing and I cannot wait to watch it again - and again.

))))((((

Quote from: sadcorps on June 06, 2016, 11:45:05 AM
he told me that he was happy there was a documentary being made and that the music that he made with the Melvins was his statement on the Melvins. Gotta respect that!!
Very true. Hard to argue with that outlook. Thanks for the tidbit.

GiveMe45

Yeah, I more than appreciate their efforts.  A while after Idle said they were done bugging them I was at a show that Thrones was playing and afterward I politely bugged Joe about it.  He was good natured about it and even smiling but he said he just couldn't do it.  Of course he then told me a few stories that would have been great for the movie (I had a few beers in me so not a lot of detail), guess I'll just let that be my own personal bonus footage.