The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: glen on August 17, 2017, 07:01:51 AM
I don't know about you losers but I got mine yesterday.     
Did you get a email notification first?  I've got nothing so far.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Jozzy

I got all giddy when I saw this and then saw on the FB page that it's just the dvd's that went out. Dangit :(

glen

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 17, 2017, 10:49:38 AM

I did not.   ....I don't think.     I'm terrible at email. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Idlehanz

Just the dvds are going out right now. We got the test dvds first and finally aproved them  after a few mistakes. Then we got the test blu rays and approved them. So the dvds arrived and were mailed out first.

Jozzy

Just got an email saying my blu ray has shipped :ohsnap:

Chief Ten Beers

Got mine today. No email sent. Shipped from Milwaukee WI to western NY. Gonna throw it on soon. :D

Jozzy

I bought mine off the site, so thats why I think I got an email. I was about to go on vacation when the campaign was going on and didn't have any extra money to back it unfortunately.

Shatz

Quote from: Idlehanz on August 18, 2017, 03:28:25 AM

Just the dvds are going out right now. We got the test dvds first and finally aproved them  after a few mistakes. Then we got the test blu rays and approved them. So the dvds arrived and were mailed out first.

So how does the shipping of the blu rays work? Do we get a seperate notification on Kickstarter regarding the shipping address?
Reason I'm asking is, the only time I was asked about my postal address was in that questionnaire 2 years ago and I have moved since then.
I'm a bit worried, because I never received the reward t-shirt and didn't even get an answer on Kickstarter regarding its whereabouts. I'm hoping for a bit of clarity, so that it works out better this time.
Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Contact them again, they'll send you a shirt out.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Chief Ten Beers

One of the coolest things about the DVD is that the menu page is silent =D>. I absolutely hate when DVDs have the menu page BLAST a 30 second loop of music that's 10X louder than the feature's volume level. It's totally unnecessary. Very cool if that was intentional guys.
Watched the main flick last night through the TV & stereo setup. Looks and sounds great. On to the 2nd disc tonight.

Jozzy

Got my blu ray in the mail today and I'm watching it now. This is fucking great so far!

Idlehanz

Quote from: Shatz on August 19, 2017, 08:24:43 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on August 18, 2017, 03:28:25 AM

So how does the shipping of the blu rays work? Do we get a seperate notification on Kickstarter regarding the shipping address?
Reason I'm asking is, the only time I was asked about my postal address was in that questionnaire 2 years ago and I have moved since then.
I'm a bit worried, because I never received the reward t-shirt and didn't even get an answer on Kickstarter regarding its whereabouts. I'm hoping for a bit of clarity, so that it works out better this time.

Send me a pm with your email used for the kickstarter, your new shipping address, and your old address. 

Dumpster D

I got a notification E-mail that the DVD's will ship soon, aye aye!

I thought I Just got a T-shirt with a donation, but hey, I will let you know if a DVD shows up at my door, I'm gonna enjoy with extra buttery popcorn!

Hell yea!

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys put into this thing!  8)

Idlehanz

Has anyone on here bought the movie through Vimeo?  PM me, I have a question for you!  ASAP please??  Thanks!

Oh, or anyone that funded it through kickstarter that got a free code to stream it!  Thanks!

))))((((

Finally just finished watching the documentary (on YouTube ha!). It was kinda how i expected it to be. A history lesson leaning a little more to the uninitiated than the hardcore aficionado. Which of course is absolutely fine. I did think it was interesting that it wasn't quite chronological. After the Kevin chapter it jumps ahead to Everybody Loves Sausages and then back to the BB guys joining the band. I wondered whether the chronology could have been kept intact but i think that was an obvious intention to discuss Clem Burke and his contribution BEFORE the documentary gets into the concept of double drummers. It was a shame that the audio fluctuates so much between some of the interviews. That seemed to be more of an issue at the beginning but not so much further on. With something like this it is tricky to consider how much talk is included balanced by performance footage. I think it was about right here. I enjoyed watching along but, speaking for myself, i wouldn't really be interested in delving back into this as such. It was fun to see Dale's mum being interviewed!