The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BERZERKER

Ian does and says stuff others wouldn't, perhaps not in his everyday life, but here he does, that's not new and people should start to understand that that is how it will be. If one overlooks these small wrongsteps, Ian is the best chap ever. Even though I and others say to him that this and that was perhaps not wise to say/write, he will still do it, he's consistent in that way.

GiveMe45

Quote from: BERZERKER on August 30, 2017, 11:24:24 AM
Ian does and says stuff others wouldn't, perhaps not in his everyday life, but here he does, that's not new and people should start to understand that that is how it will be. If one overlooks these small wrongsteps, Ian is the best chap ever. Even though I and others say to him that this and that was perhaps not wise to say/write, he will still do it, he's consistent in that way.
I appreciate how diplomatic you always try to be and I'm typically the same.  And as I've said before, taking things that are said on the internet so seriously probably means you've got more important things in life you should be worrying about.  I'm also not trying to imply that just because you are a Melvins fan, or to an even lesser extent, the fact that you post here means you are required to like the movie.  I just don't appreciate disrespect of this kind and I'm not going to overlook it just because he's consistent in his ways. 

BERZERKER

I think Ian is way out of line and that it's a bit assholish to come with neagativety after seeing the movie on youtube, I don't understand why he does it, but he does, I don't like it, but I just can't stop liking him still.

If I had made f.ex a movie/documentary and Ian hadn't like it, he wouldn't just shut his mouth. That consistent an unnecessarily honest bastard!  :lol:

Stonergrunge

Really, it was on YouTube??

I had no idea, I always see those fake videos there with the title of the documentary but only that. Either way, I know that I'm never going to watch it because:

1. It's impossible to even conceive the idea of a screening in Chile (and in Temuco?... ha!, no fucking way).

2. Apparently it's only available as a blu-ray/DVD set and my BR player is old as fuck plus there's the problem with the so called "world zones".

3. The blu-ray/DVD set is only available at revolve and they do not accept PayPal (let alone PayPal balance).
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

PepsiMike

Quote from: Stonergrunge on August 30, 2017, 01:51:38 PM

I had no idea, I always see those fake videos there with the title of the documentary but only that. Either way, I know that I'm never going to watch it because:

1. It's impossible to even conceive the idea of a screening in Chile (and in Temuco?... ha!, no fucking way).

2. Apparently it's only available as a blu-ray/DVD set and my BR player is old as fuck plus there's the problem with the so called "world zones".

3. The blu-ray/DVD set is only available at revolve and they do not accept PayPal (let alone PayPal balance).
Legally, you can buy it for streaming through Vimeo.  Enjoy your viewing in chile!

deatheats

Yup, for those folks trying to find a legitimate digital copy...

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/colossusofdestiny

Rent - $7.99 for 48 hours of streaming
Buy - $14.99 Stream & Download any time

Chief Ten Beers

Youtube & torrents unfortunately for Bob & Ryan will be like whack-a-mole in the coming months. As far as Ian critiquing the film, he should have kept it to himself. You didn't pay a dime for it you cheap fuck, and no one cares what you think besides. :lol:

I have noticed the sound issues in the interviews in the first half hour or so, mainly when Buzz speaks in that room where he's sort of behind Dale. Thought it was my age/hearing or speaker placement.  It's not crystal clear, but it's not worth bitching about either, very brief. As far as the slight glitch/pauses, that doesn't bother me being it's a film w/ mainly dialog. If it were a full concert movie, then yes, reason to bitch.

If I had a gripe, it would be, (and I can't be the first person to bring this up), but why was the album Hostile Ambient Takeover totally skipped over?
IMO it is Melvins at their absolute peak w/ Rutmanis, but I can see then on the other hand that there is no real drama/story involved. Just Melvins punching the clock and slamming out one of their best albums ever. With the Trilogy part in the film you have the label switch to Ipecac w/ 3 albums at once, and the special guests on Crybaby. Lustmord was interesting in the POTRE section which led to Kevin's demise. I didn't even know what Lustmord looked like prior, that part was too cool.
Did you guys reach out to Adam Jones at all? If he had been involved, might there have been a brief H.A.T. segment? Personally would have loved to see some early '00s material on disc 2, rather than say the Cleveland Joe footage. But that's what I have the TV Eye Vol. 3 DVD for. Priceless footage on that disc. 8) Just my 2 cents.

I will be enjoying this film and the 2nd disc for a long time. I need to buy a new TV. Still a tube style, do not generally care about HiDef/flat screen. I could see my name in the credits on vimeo via laptop, can't make it out on my TV.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: PepsiMike on August 30, 2017, 02:36:32 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on August 30, 2017, 01:51:38 PM

Legally, you can buy it for streaming through Vimeo.  Enjoy your viewing in chile!

Only if Vimeo accepts PayPal balance as payment option. If the system forces me to add a credit card, I'm screwed.
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

deatheats

Quote from: Stonergrunge on August 31, 2017, 02:26:16 PM
Only if Vimeo accepts PayPal balance as payment option. If the system forces me to add a credit card, I'm screwed.

I think they do accept PayPal...

From their website:

✦ Accepted payment methods
We welcome Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal for all purchases. Unfortunately, we cannot accept checks or offer invoicing.

https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/224978548-Managing-your-membership-and-payment-methods

Stonergrunge

Quote from: deatheats on August 31, 2017, 03:03:15 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on August 31, 2017, 02:26:16 PM

I think they do accept PayPal...

From their website:

✦ Accepted payment methods
We welcome Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal for all purchases. Unfortunately, we cannot accept checks or offer invoicing.

https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/224978548-Managing-your-membership-and-payment-methods

I have found at least 3 places online where you are forced to add a credit card even with PayPal: Rock is Hell Records, DC Comics and Chemistry Design Werks.
Fuzz is love.

deatheats

Quote from: Stonergrunge on September 01, 2017, 09:31:00 AM

I have found at least 3 places online where you are forced to add a credit card even with PayPal: Rock is Hell Records, DC Comics and Chemistry Design Werks.

I did not know that  :-k

Jozzy

Quote from: glen on August 29, 2017, 12:12:33 PM
Quote from: DC on August 29, 2017, 12:07:56 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on August 28, 2017, 09:39:58 AM
Finally just finished watching the documentary (on YouTube ha!).

Do you go out of your way to act like a dickhead or does it just come natural? I've ignored your nonsense for years but this has got to be the biggest display of asshattery I have ever seen. Someone from this community dedicated themselves for years to this project and you have the stones to come on here and flippantly announce you watched an illegal stream? What is wrong with you man? Do you enjoy being a garbage person?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

don't forget he said he never wants to see it again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad I wasn't the only one absolutely annoyed by this shit.