The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(the) flutter nuts

I got the shits real bad.

))))((((

GiveMe45 i'll answer each of your questions in turn here.

Quote from: GiveMe45 on September 01, 2017, 03:27:32 PM
because Ian just seems to be one of those that thinks "it's the rest of the world who is wrong, can't be me" who doesn't acknowledge or take accountability when their side of the argument might not exactly be the right side.
It's fair to think like that of me. You might well be right, but at the same time im definitely not as hard headed as you might think. Perhaps many people get that impression here from my exchanges but you'll have to just take my assertion that im more willing to look and listen to conflicting views then you give me credit. Probably not on all things granted but still i do so.

Once again it's the disrespectful way he presented it.  The "ha" that was used was more insulting than any bad review on this board could ever be.
I know what you mean there. You may not believe me but the "ha!" wasn't actually intended in an insulting way but in a "wow! look how i've seen it!" attempt. A kind of excited expression/reaction. Especially in light of all the, sort of, you have to see it in this way discussion. Me thinking i may not get to see it. A bit like saying "i walked home and found a £10 note on the floor! ha!".  Obviously i can see how you could interpret it differently but that was all it was. Trust me if i wanted to be insulting i could have done so much more than a mere "ha".

Idle asked for a link and was seemingly ignored.  I'll give benefit of the doubt and maybe Ian didn't check the board for a time and didn't see Idle's request.  But when he did respond it did not answer Idle's request and it was insulting and childish. 
No i did actually see the request. To answer this is a bit trickier. This is all by the by of course but firstly i didn't want to post the link because basically i KNEW it was doing exactly what i SHOULD'T do. Now... that aside i didn't respond to Idle's request because in effect it wasn't a request. He could have wrote "could you send me the link please" or PM'd me but instead it was a one word "link?" reply. Almost a hard fisted demand you could say. He didn't have to reference that i had gave an opinion on the movie. He doesn't have to do those things of course but i thought on this occasion it was a tad blunt and to the point. Also i think it's fairly well known here that im hardly the most well liked or appreciated person when talk of the COD film comes around. There has been many times i've mentioned the movie (sometimes with positive comments, sometimes less so) where i myself have been ignored. I didn't see anyone cause a scene then asking why did Idle ignore me. That is why i wrote "on this occasion yes". It wasn't ridicule it was me distancing myself a bit from the brewing trouble. Do i really want to duke it out with one of the filmmakers who (much like everyone else here) may over-react?? It was easier just to keep it simple and back away.

But it's now also obvious that there's no point in trying to have a dialogue with him about this.  He doesn't consider other points of view and doesn't seem to have the ability to take a step back and check his words and actions.  None of this is going to make me enjoy the film any less.
I actually beg to differ on that one. It was unfortunate (as it usually always is) that people aren't more willing to have this dialogue in which you mention. Too many people bypass that and go straight to anger. That is pretty self evident in the responses here. I suppose people have a right to be angry if they wish to be. I understand that but it's unfortunate.

None of this is going to make me enjoy the film any less.
Nor should it! Whenever i talk about something be it a new Melvins album or the band themselves or indeed this documentary, i don't intend to sway public opinion. It is merely me saying what i thought of something. Okay the opinion might be a bit extreme or even entirely in the minority but that's okay. If you and countless others love the documentary - great! Im not looking to disrupt that whatsoever. But at the same time im not looking to blur out what i think of something either. I have to be honest or at least my version of "the truth".

Oh, and to address one of his counterpoints....I can say with all sincerity that I have never once illegally downloaded anything off the internet.
So you have NEVER listened to a song on YouTube EVER?? Honestly? Well.. i suppose you could well be right perhaps you haven't. But speaking generally, we all consume entertainment that we pay absolutely nothing, ZERO towards. Idle does to!

John Schuller

deatheats

GiveMe45

(PAUL)

I'm just patiently waiting for the three disc version  :-"
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: (PAUL) on September 01, 2017, 07:11:01 PM
What exactly does this 3rd disc consist of again? Any chance it will be sold separately at a later date for those who originally went with the 2 disc version?

GiveMe45

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on September 01, 2017, 07:28:42 PM
What exactly does this 3rd disc consist of again? Any chance it will be sold separately at a later date for those who originally went with the 2 disc version?
Pretty sure it will only come with the box.  A little extra incentive for purchase

DC

Mr moneybags over here.

crushr24

First 2 impressions...

1.  Randy Johnson is a fan?  I did not know that...how did I not know that?

2.  Where was Dave (I'm in every documentary) Grohl???  I was disappointed.    :(
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson

Chief Ten Beers

Quote from: crushr24 on September 01, 2017, 08:57:01 PM

2.  Where was Dave (I'm in every documentary) Grohl???  I was disappointed.    :(

Well, knowing he hasn't been involved with anything Melvins since that last tour w/ Nirvana, it's no shocker. Plus did you hear Buzz's Grohl story from the acoustic tour? :lol:  I was more suprised that any of the Tool & Isis dudes & Hank3 weren't involved. Claypool couldn't have been too hard to reach either, doubt he would have said no and am sure he would have had some funny road stories.

Idlehanz

I appreciate your patience :)  It's coming. It'll be worth the wait I promise.

Idlehanz

Quote from: crushr24 on September 01, 2017, 08:57:01 PM

Ah come on!  I'd rather see Gene Simmons talk Melvins than Dave Grohl!

DC

Yea Idle, use that as a selling point:

COLOSSUS OF DENSITY, NOT FEATURING BONO, DAVE GROHL, OR FLEA

crushr24

Sarcasm, Sirs.   :wink:

But seriously, this should have been the opening of the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kweSEtDCpBw
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money
trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and
pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
There's also a negative side."

― Hunter S. Thompson