The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

Quote from: Godflesh on July 26, 2018, 08:05:53 PM
Arrived last week, but no time to watch them yet
:love:

I think you should wait three years before watching them. See how Ryan likes THAT!    :buzz:

Pringles

Here is Matt Lukin from that documentary.

You can't get more grunge than that.

And this is the original Melvin, the Thriftway clerk Buzz and Matt Lukin named there band from.

This documentary is awesome.
Luck is a residue of design

bUTTHOLEmAN

Has anyone seen the two bonus discs from the box set yet?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

buddy holiday

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on September 10, 2018, 11:09:31 PM
Has anyone seen the two bonus discs from the box set yet?
yes I watched them both. it was worth it.
lots of live clips from old to newer times!

give up

why is the audio so lame on this release?  you would think a doc on a band who have good sound!   The KARP doc KILL ALL VIOLENT REDNECKS is wayyyy better audio quality on a shoe string budget.  What gives?

Pringles

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Pringles on September 11, 2018, 08:23:30 PM

Nice, hadn't seen that before.
Who's the picture in the background of? Robert Plant? I wonder.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Dumpster D

Theres a drum skin? in the top left with a marker doodle on it, Wish I could see it better.

jules

Pringles

I always thought that his first guitar was the sunburst Les Paul with the Kiss sticker, but in the documentary, the video of 1983-1984 have him playing this yellow Les Paul with a NIB sticker.

Also fun fact in the documentary, Dale say he feel that the turning point for the Melvins was around the time Bullhead was released (May 1991). The Nirvana craze came at the end of 1991, beginning of 1992. Nirvana fame was the thing that got them known, but if you remove the Nirvana factor, there is also a before and an after Bullhead.

We know from a 1991 interview that Buzz wrote most of his pre-Bullhead songs (Gluey, Ozma etc)  around 1985-1986, and then he switched style with Bullhead.   

coodies

Dumpster D

I'm pretty sure I ordered this, I'm pretty sure the DVD never came, but I have the shirt.

Hot Pants

did you get the digital version at least?
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

PhraseWhore

UK fan here.

I'd very much like to see this movie, but I can't seem to find it available anywhere. The official links to buy a DVD or watch on Vimeo are both dead and it's not up on any streaming site. Anyone know what the deal is? Furthermore, if anyone has it and is willing to throw it up on YT you'll be the recipient of my sincere gratitude.

PepsiMike

Quote from: PhraseWhore on June 05, 2023, 08:50:25 PM
UK fan here.

I'd very much like to see this movie, but I can't seem to find it available anywhere. The official links to buy a DVD or watch on Vimeo are both dead and it's not up on any streaming site. Anyone know what the deal is? Furthermore, if anyone has it and is willing to throw it up on YT you'll be the recipient of my sincere gratitude.

https://tubitv.com/movies/623462/the-melvins-the-colossus-of-destiny-a-melvins-tale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD2Yf63rChU