More Jelvins!

Started by johnnyg, March 18, 2015, 01:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyg

While there are a lot of speculative Melvins releases on the horizon (and a lot of announced stuff) I'm just going to sit here and hope for more Jelvins. I think both of the LPs are great. Sieg Howdy is my favorite non-DK Jello release ever. Also, the Roxy cover from Sausages totally blew my mind and actually got me into Roxy music.

But, honestly, what I really want is a live Jelvins album. Why has this not happened yet? I would assume live albums are cheap to make, but maybe I'm wrong? I saw the Jelvins live three times and they ruled, so I doubt it's a quality issue. (Heck, I don't even mind a few secret overdubs here and there if they make the release better)

Rusty Shackleford

Buzz and Dale give the music a weight that works well with Jello.  That type of punk/hardcore? music can easily get boring, small, and lame, but not with Dale keeping the beat and Buzz vibrating the air.  They keep it feeling big, dangerous and mean. 

(PAUL)

I doubt a studio album since Jello has his own band now. A live album is a good idea though, but I don't know if there would be an issue with the DK songs or not, but then again they put that live version of California Uber Alles on Siege Howdy so I don't know, maybe for some reason they didn't record the shows?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

John Schuller

I would love more Jelvins. That version of the Melvins fucking rules.

Dumpster D

Yeah, Always room for Jello.  8)

danimal

I remember an interview a long time ago where they mentioned there was a live album ready, and they were just waiting on Jello to release it. This was probably shortly after the two albums, so who knows if it's stilling coming.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 18, 2015, 03:13:23 PM
'Never Breathe...' is in my top 5 best Melvins albums!

interesting
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 20, 2015, 05:45:32 PM
Quote from: black stallion on March 20, 2015, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on March 18, 2015, 03:13:23 PM
'Never Breathe...' is in my top 5 best Melvins albums!

interesting
Not because of Jello BTW. Merely because it's such a heavy, riffy, rocking record. Although there are some great lyrics too actually. If Buzz sang instead of Jello it would challenge Stoner Witch and The Maggot in the awesome stakes!!!!

yeah.  some killer riffage from Buzz on that album!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

acid policy

wait what is "on the horizon"

i missed it

anaconda

Mike and The Melvins, a bunch of Melvins Lite songs already in the can, hopefully another album with Jared and Coady..

acid policy

anaconda

Uncle Fester

More Jelvins and more Kelvins!