The Melvins 3-Headed Bass Monster: Is this A First?

Started by meezer, June 09, 2015, 11:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: sadcorps on May 02, 2018, 01:34:47 PM
The next logical step is to have two drummers, two bassists and two guitarists.
I was thinking just yesterday how it would be cool if they did some kind of special, one off show with a large, extended line-up. Or alternatively a few shows at one venue like those Spaceland residency shows. It would be cool to see this line-up.

Buzz - Guitar
Adam Jones - Guitar
Dale - Drums
Coady - Drums
Kevin - Bass
Jeff - Bass
Trevor - Double Bass

deatheats

jules

Bigval

Fureon Nectarmoon

Quote from: ))))(((( on May 02, 2018, 01:40:24 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on May 02, 2018, 01:34:47 PM
The next logical step is to have two drummers, two bassists and two guitarists.
I was thinking just yesterday how it would be cool if they did some kind of special, one off show with a large, extended line-up. Or alternatively a few shows at one venue like those Spaceland residency shows. It would be cool to see this line-up.

Buzz - Guitar
Adam Jones - Guitar
Dale - Drums
Coady - Drums
Kevin - Bass
Jeff - Bass
Trevor - Double Bass

Have you seen this? Melvins with Helms Alee – Night Goat with double everything. Kicked ass.

https://youtu.be/bdU_aaXdvSs

))))((((

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on May 04, 2018, 12:39:28 PM
Have you seen this? Melvins with Helms Alee – Night Goat with double everything. Kicked ass.
Yeah. I've never been much of a Helms Alee fan but it was nice to see them perform with Melvins there. Reminds me a little of what Down always did getting which ever band they were touring with to come on stage and play along with 'Bury Me In Smoke'.

meezer

I saw the 2nd show on that tour with HA and they weren't doing that yet. Didn't see it with Napalm Death either on the first show of the tour. Finally saw Spotlights playing some Lysol last August and it was nice, but I'm not gonna demand they keep doing it or anything. Just break out The Bloat or Skweetis or something. That would really blow my hair back ya know.  :D
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Helen83

Quote from: meezer on June 09, 2015, 11:24:44 PM
Maybe some of you more knowledgeable guys like Chief, ilduclo, MA or Jules could tell me;
Can you think of another band that has written and released albums, as well as toured or played one-off shows with 3 different players on the same instrument, the way that the Melvins have in the last 4 years? They just keep rotating them. They've played at least one show with each bassist (Jared, Trevor, Pinkus) in the last 7 months.  :shock:

Evil Blizzard....4 bass players!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JM26Hz69qr8