Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

goldennuggetrecordings

no i wouldnt want that for the nirvana fans haha i would just want it for them. i just think its silly that krist wasnt their bassist to begin with

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

GrimReaper

Yes.
A sad looking skull. Mackie artwork?

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Uncle Fester

Captain CoryCory

Potential to be the definitive Melvins album of the 2010s?

EDIT: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-a-track-from-melvins-thudtastic-basses-loaded-20160307?page=4

Great read about the album.

So what can be confirmed:
4 tracks with Melvins 1983 (All of Beer Hippy)
4 tracks with McDonald (All of War Pussy)
1 track with Pinkus (Captain Comedown)
1 track each with BB, Dunn, & Novoselic

goldennuggetrecordings

does it seem to anybody else like dales drumming has turned boring after coady entered? before coady he always seem to play stuff that challenged the songs rhythms but now he just keeps a beat in most stuff. i mean its no big deal, but i think thats whats been missing for me for a while. there are still songs with killer drums, but especially their most recent stuff seems either rushed, or just lazier than the melvins standard. . . which is still hard working of course.

maybe i should word it as after coady he doesnt use toms all that much.

idk maybe ill warm up to it, but this kinda reminds me of captain comedown. it actually kinda sounds like a this machine kills artist song with electric guitar and bass and drums...

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 07, 2016, 01:38:13 PM
1. The Decay Of Lying
2. Choco Plumbing
3. Beer Hippie
4. I Want To Tell You
5. Captain Come Down
6. Hideous Woman
7. Shaving Cream
8. Planet Distructo
9. War Pussy
10. Maybe I Am Amused
11. Phyllis Dillard
12. Take Me Out To The Ballgame

Steve - 1, 4, 6, 9
Jared - 2
Dale - 3, 7, 11, 12
Pinkus - 5
Trevor - 8
Krist - 10

Good find! Also, that's a perfect way to end the album.

EDIT: Forgot to quote Ian. Son of a bitch!

ZILLA

No Kevin. Could have had seven.
########################################################################################################

meezer

Quote from: goldennuggetrecordings on March 07, 2016, 12:53:32 PM
does it seem to anybody else like dales drumming has turned boring after coady entered? before coady he always seem to play stuff that challenged the songs rhythms but now he just keeps a beat in most stuff. i mean its no big deal, but i think thats whats been missing for me for a while. there are still songs with killer drums, but especially their most recent stuff seems either rushed, or just lazier than the melvins standard. . . which is still hard working of course.

maybe i should word it as after coady he doesnt use toms all that much.

idk maybe ill warm up to it, but this kinda reminds me of captain comedown. it actually kinda sounds like a this machine kills artist song with electric guitar and bass and drums...
I think the obvious question here is have you heard the new (old) stuff from Mike And The Melvins? That project predates the merger with Big Biz by half a decade. Do you feel the same way about those songs?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

goldennuggetrecordings

No I don't feel that way about that album. Chicken and dump has boring as drums, but that's the only one I remember being bored with. I'd have to go back and listen to it all again but off the top of my head I know there was blast beats on the last song. Maybe what it is, is buzz hasn't been challenging him too much lately? I'm assuming he was the drummer on the dale crover ep, which had pretty straight forward drumming too so idk maybe that's a part of it.

meezer

So you want grinding, no set time signature type stuff, like GPT and Ozma? I don't see that happening.

goldennuggetrecordings

No it just seems the powerful tom work is fading away or something. It's not the time signatures, that hasn't changed anyway. It's just he doesn't sound like crover as much anymore. Eh whatever, maybe I'm just being wayyyy too picky here haha. It's obviously just me.