Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 25, 2016, 05:47:22 PM
Quote from: meezer on March 25, 2016, 04:11:42 PM
I know for a fact that they want to hear Take Me Out To The Ball Game played at a Dodgers game, like The Water Glass has been.
I hadn't thought of that but i wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Being that im not American and have below zero interest in Baseball, it really frustrates me that the band are so obsessed with the sport. Shoehorning it into everything. For example in almost every interview these days they talk about it, then there's this song and not forgetting Melvins version of your national anthem on 'Sugar Daddy Live' all have me reaching for the skip/fast forward button.

As regards titles, the main one that irritates me is 'Captain Comedown'. Separating the "Comedown" to "Come Down" totally alters it's meaning. At least to me. It's now no longer a song about a Captain called or nicknamed Comedown but simply asking the captain to come down.
Quote from: sadcorps on March 25, 2016, 08:04:22 PM
Quote from: Mints on March 25, 2016, 07:19:41 PM
Fuck, man, you really do need to get laid.

No shit. I do not think I have ever seen someone get so anal about such stupid shit. hahahaha!!!
[-X now, now. You know to quote him.  :lol:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

meezer

So, is this the new business model, after seeing the pre-order success (I presume) of Mike & The Melvins on Sub Pop? Are they trying to cock block Amazon? What's a goin on here?!  :o
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: meezer on March 25, 2016, 08:59:50 PM
So, is this the new business model, after seeing the pre-order success (I presume) of Mike & The Melvins on Sub Pop? Are they trying to cock block Amazon? What's a goin on here?!  :o
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

meezer

bUTTHOLEmAN

I wonder what kind of hats they're using?  flexfit, or adjustable?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

meezer

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on March 25, 2016, 09:45:44 PM
I wonder what kind of hats they're using?  flexfit, or adjustable?
Not available by itself (yet) and no info other than "hat". It's a hat. Order now!  :D

*it is adjustable \/

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dumpster D

OoOoOOOOooo Melvins HAT...Get it?   :ohsnap:

John Schuller

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 26, 2016, 03:37:32 AM

No shit. I do not think I have ever seen someone get so anal about such stupid shit. hahahaha!!!
If you actually read, i said myself it was an inconsequential thing. I just find that interesting or strange that the titles change. A bit like how Boris (the band) use uppercase or lower case lettering to discern whether a record is heavy or not. By that i mean the change is significant to them beyond being simply written one way or the other. Perhaps Melvins think this way too. As self declared hardcore Melvins fans, shouldn't those here also be curious over such otherwise small fry matters?

As regards being anal about as you put it "stupid shit", personally i find it similar to list all the Melvins gigs a person has attended BUT i know some people like that. I can see why that has relevance with folk after all, people have all sorts of interests. There's really no need to make fun of people here.

There is always a need to make fun of people everywhere.

I am sure that Melvins either really really care about their song titles and how they are displayed or they really really don't care.

FartLips

Quote from: sadcorps on March 26, 2016, 12:59:25 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on March 26, 2016, 03:37:32 AM

If you actually read, i said myself it was an inconsequential thing. I just find that interesting or strange that the titles change. A bit like how Boris (the band) use uppercase or lower case lettering to discern whether a record is heavy or not. By that i mean the change is significant to them beyond being simply written one way or the other. Perhaps Melvins think this way too. As self declared hardcore Melvins fans, shouldn't those here also be curious over such otherwise small fry matters?

As regards being anal about as you put it "stupid shit", personally i find it similar to list all the Melvins gigs a person has attended BUT i know some people like that. I can see why that has relevance with folk after all, people have all sorts of interests. There's really no need to make fun of people here.

I am sure that Melvins either really really care about their song titles and how they are displayed or they really really don't care.
prolly less than Ian.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

John Schuller

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 26, 2016, 01:05:04 PM
Im sorry for you that you think that.

Yeah, probably time for you to get laid. Sorry man.

FartLips

Quote from: ))))(((( on March 26, 2016, 02:06:45 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on March 26, 2016, 01:52:24 PM
Yeah, probably time for you to get laid. Sorry man.
I guess there comes a time where i just have to accept that you guys don't see things as i do and vis versa. Like most things, sex doesn't come into it. We think of, and negotiate our way through, life differently.
:facepalm:
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

(the) Razor

So is this like on a CD or something? Not an option on Bandcamp and Vinyl only from Amazon it seems.

I bought the FLAC option, but would be keen to get the CD. Don't mind buying twice when it comes to Melvin's.
Don't click this

anaconda

PepsiMike

Don't mind sadcorps, he's incapable of having a discussion about the melvins that doesn't involve 100 % pro melvins.

FartLips

Quote from: PepsiMike on March 27, 2016, 08:33:34 AM
Don't mind sadcorps, he's incapable of having a discussion about the melvins that doesn't involve 100 % pro melvins.
its what buzz would do! :lol: