Author Topic: Basses Loaded  (Read 58730 times)

Offline (the) flutter nuts

• watches fox red eye
  • We're in the middle of a shitstorm here Randy
    • View Profile
Re: Basses Loaded
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2016, 01:37:00 PM »
Choco Plumbing is AMAZING!
I love Big Biz Melvins so damn much!!!!!
I got the shits real bad.

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
Damn , and Planet Distructo, it's got a Stag feel to it.  i really want another Melvins lite album

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2016, 01:42:23 PM »
Damn , and Planet Distructo, it's got a Stag feel to it.  i really want another Melvins lite album

Then goes into some free form jazz, fucking love it!!!!!

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »
Holy shit! Maybe i'm amussed is fucking brilliant

Captain CoryCory

« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2016, 01:53:40 PM »
Ful album stream

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/181232492/stream-the-new-melvins-album

All of the Melvins' songs are about baseball. This link only proves it.

Also, Choco Plumbing and Maybe I am Amused absolutely rule. Notice they left out Shaving Cream, probably for all the "shits" and "fucks".

))))((((

« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2016, 02:22:31 PM »
Such a disjointed album. Im not sure if i feel that way because i've heard most of these tracks separately quite a while back though. There's some songs on here (and on other recent Melvins records) that although not terrible music, just really aren't my thing. I can listen to them but don't feel anything. It makes me wonder if i should even call myself a fan of this band anymore and that's a bit disconcerting. Have i outgrown them or they outgrown me?

• watches fox red eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2016, 02:28:07 PM »
Such a disjointed album. Im not sure if i feel that way because i've heard most of these tracks separately quite a while back though. There's some songs on here (and on other recent Melvins records) that although not terrible music, just really aren't my thing. I can listen to them but don't feel anything. It makes me wonder if i should even call myself a fan of this band anymore and that's a bit disconcerting. Have i outgrown them or they outgrown me?

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/3xz2BPbIqcqpFDKXsI" width="480" height="351" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p>via GIPHY</p>

Offline (the) Razor

• Handler
  • Told you girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2016, 03:12:28 PM »
The accordion sounds fantastic  :lol:
Don't click this

Offline Chief Ten Beers

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2016, 03:31:18 PM »
It makes me wonder if i should even call myself a fan of this band anymore and that's a bit disconcerting. Have i outgrown them or they outgrown me?

Well then get the hell outta here, and don't let the door hit you in the ass. :-({|= :wink: :lol:
 And all of you fans who just HAVE TO listen to these full album streams before having the CD or LP? That's totally weak. You obviously have no respect for the album format. You have to have everything now :facepalm: :bs:

Offline (the) Razor

• Handler
  • Told you girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2016, 03:36:58 PM »
I listen to 30 second samples, no way would I ruin the entire album! It builds it up even more...like i see a good movie trailer to make me go see a film
Don't click this

Offline Dumpster D

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2016, 03:39:14 PM »
hey dont look at me, I heard three tracks off this and that is good enough until its on the shelf.

))))((((

« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2016, 03:39:21 PM »
And all of you fans who just need to listen to these full album streams before having the CD or LP? That's totally weak. You obviously have no respect for the album format. You have to have everything now
A stream IS an album. It's sound all the same however it reaches your ears. I don't think there is anything wrong in listening to a release prior to potential purchase. What if you heard a record for the first time at a friends house or you listened at one of those in-store listening booths - is that "weak" also? What if a record is really bad and you spent your hard earned cash on a dud? Okay, you might say Melvins don't make dud's but not everyone will like everything. Not listening to a stream doesn't make a person a better or truer fan. It just shows your own particular preference for engaging with things.

Captain CoryCory

« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2016, 04:06:07 PM »
I'm buying the album on Friday anyways but psychologically vinyl or CD is louder than MP3s.

Offline Stonergrunge

• H.F.S.P.R.!!
  • Julk-Ælk Burokk
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud page
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »

Nah, don't worry Ian, you are not forced to like everything they do. I don't have enough funds right now and I still want to buy a lot of CDs so maybe by the end of June I'm going to order this album along with Three Men and a Baby.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Offline Chief Ten Beers

• louisville lip service
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2016, 06:17:12 PM »
 All I've heard of this is Captain Comedown(from the Le Butcherettes split CD). I've been tempted to check out the Beatles cover, but can wait. I am sure it will rule. I should have my CD by Friday, or Saturday the latest.