Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rimb

Love that this is streaming on mlb.com!

:D

Hot Pants

what, what? how the hell is this streaming on the MLB site?

crazy!

wonder if i should wait for the vinyl or just buy the cd. :|
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

))))((((

Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 31, 2016, 05:12:43 PM
Nah, don't worry Ian, you are not forced to like everything they do.
I've had a few other people here tell me privately that they also aren't much for some of the recent Melvins albums or songs or their general direction. I think it's to be expected to some extent. Maybe im the only one to voice that openly. I remember John Peel said about The Fall - "sometimes they don't always give you what you want but they're The Fall". I think Melvins are probably the same. They are super productive and do what they want and i totally respect that, it just doesn't always interest me, personally. Perhaps if i was to sum it up i would say their sound is too upbeat and fun now for me to really, really enjoy. They mostly make "having a good time" songs now. Nothing wrong with that of course if people like that. I mean, on occasion i like that too. But it's hard to LOVE.

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on May 31, 2016, 07:17:12 PM
All I've heard of this is Captain Comedown(from the Le Butcherettes split CD). I've been tempted to check out the Beatles cover, but can wait. I am sure it will rule.
If you like the recent releases i think you will enjoy it. I'd say 'Captain Come Down' is one of the better songs for me. 'Shaving Cream', 'Maybe I Am Amused', 'I Want To Tell You' and especially 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' are the absolute worst.

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: meezer on June 01, 2016, 08:11:15 AM
Quote from: rimb on May 31, 2016, 08:49:28 PM
Love that this is streaming on mlb.com!

:D
That's a keeper!  :D

upload gambar

Now I'm somewhat convinced that all Melvins songs are about baseball in some capacity.

))))((((

Meezer, was it you who said recently that Buzz was aiming for the mainstream or the big bucks or something? Trying to get 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' played at baseball events. I don't know if MLB is a major site but as soon as i saw this stream was on a dedicated baseball site it made me think of that comment. I like that the band (or Ipecac) have took this kooky move but it does make one wonder. Reaching out to new listeners. Can't really blame them if the offer is there i guess.

Captain CoryCory

Then you add in the double-drum lineup drawing some people by proxy, the fact they've been around forever, grunge nostalgia...

black stallion

heard the track with Big Biz only. weird stuff
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Does anyone wish, like me, that 'Industrial Art' (the track that was on 'Chaos As Usual') had been included on this album? I liked that bizarro, modem-esque soundscaped mish mash. Any idea who might have played bass on that song at all? Assuming the track had any bass of course! I thought it might have been Jeff being that it was paired with 'Captain Come Down' on the release.

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 01, 2016, 12:04:14 PM
Meezer, was it you who said recently that Buzz was aiming for the mainstream or the big bucks or something? Trying to get 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame' played at baseball events. I don't know if MLB is a major site but as soon as i saw this stream was on a dedicated baseball site it made me think of that comment. I like that the band (or Ipecac) have took this kooky move but it does make one wonder. Reaching out to new listeners. Can't really blame them if the offer is there i guess.
I pointed out that Toshi had posted video on social media when they heard The Water Glass at a Dodgers game. They were excited about that, so Take Me Out would surely be an attempt to get more of their music played at games. Imagine this.
You hear the Water Glass before the game, the Star Spangled Banner before first pitch, Take Me Out at the 7th inning stretch.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

FartLips

Buzz has said before theyll do anything for a buck as long as its their music their way. Your only solace in that statement is that at least they're not big fans of taylor swift.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: meezer on June 01, 2016, 04:35:18 PM
Quote from: ))))(((( on June 01, 2016, 12:04:14 PM
I pointed out that Toshi had posted video on social media when they heard The Water Glass at a Dodgers game. They were excited about that, so Take Me Out would surely be an attempt to get more of their music played at games. Imagine this.
You hear the Water Glass before the game, the Star Spangled Banner before first pitch, Take Me Out at the 7th inning stretch.

Best baseball game ever.

Oscar

Really digging this one.

Choco Plumbing, goddamnit.

shits and gigs

Quote from: Oscar on June 01, 2016, 09:15:35 PM
Really digging this one.

Choco Plumbing, goddamnit.

right?

Easily the strongest w/ Jared rocking me out big time. 8)

Pound4abrown

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on May 31, 2016, 02:39:10 PM
Damn , and Planet Distructo, it's got a Stag feel to it.  i really want another Melvins lite album

I would kill puppies for another Melvins (Lite) album and tour.