Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Quote from: Pound4abrown on June 01, 2016, 11:22:28 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on May 31, 2016, 02:39:10 PM
Damn , and Planet Distructo, it's got a Stag feel to it.  i really want another Melvins lite album

I would kill puppies for another Melvins (Lite) album and tour.

..Im sure its already in the works. Dont Tell Buzz about the Puppies thing though, he is a Dog person.

More like, I would give the melvins Puppies for putting out a new Trevor Dunn Album.

(the) Razor

Well I would kill five kittens for a new album with Dunn on upright bass.   :lol:
Don't click this

Helen83

Yep Choco Plumbing trumps by a long way on this album.

The whole album has its moments but upon first listen then the revisit of Choco its apparent that tune reigns supreme....fresh chunky Rock'n'Roll.

BERZERKER

I think Melvins version of Take me out to the ballgame is ingenious in all it`s simplicity. I hate that Whooaaahhh-song, army-chant-stuff they made on an earlier album, but this is a gem. The original is here:

https://youtu.be/q4-gsdLSSQ0

surfling

"Pop music is for sheep. And we are shepherds disguised as wolves."
(Laibach)

black stallion

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on May 31, 2016, 02:37:00 PM
Choco Plumbing is AMAZING!
I love Big Biz Melvins so damn much!!!!!

is Coady credited on that song too?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

heartandsorry

hey cool! I was checking out Planet Destructo and actually recognized that first part it as an "unknown" song the band used to play live in the 90's, and it was actually put out as well ..

who knows which song I'm talking about?  8) :?:

Pound4abrown

Quote from: Dumpster D on June 02, 2016, 02:58:23 AM
Quote from: Pound4abrown on June 01, 2016, 11:22:28 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on May 31, 2016, 02:39:10 PM
Damn , and Planet Distructo, it's got a Stag feel to it.  i really want another Melvins lite album

I would kill puppies for another Melvins (Lite) album and tour.

..Im sure its already in the works. Dont Tell Buzz about the Puppies thing though, he is a Dog person.

More like, I would give the melvins Puppies for putting out a new Trevor Dunn Album.

Well give or kill or just letting them sleep in my lap, whatever gets that album and tour going.

Helen83

I must add that first track on the new album is a wonderful way to start a new Melvins record too.

))))((((

Quote from: Helen83 on June 02, 2016, 01:40:03 PM
I must add that first track on the new album is a wonderful way to start a new Melvins record too.
Yeah something of a departure. I can't remember a Melvins album starting in such a fashion before. I guess 'They All Must Be Slaughtered' is the only other one that comes to mind in the sense of the opener being slower and less immediate.

Quote from: heartandsorry on June 02, 2016, 12:30:15 PM
hey cool! I was checking out Planet Destructo and actually recognized that first part it as an "unknown" song the band used to play live in the 90's, and it was actually put out as well ..

who knows which song I'm talking about?
Thanks for that tidbit! I know Buzz said often many new songs are actually old ones that were kicking around or previously unfinished in some state or another. You've got me wanting to hear the older live version now!

perzo)))

Got my CD/hat today.The album has too much swearing.My kid was laughing too hard at "Shaving Cream".
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

Oscar

Quote from: black stallion on June 02, 2016, 08:52:57 AM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on May 31, 2016, 02:37:00 PM
Choco Plumbing is AMAZING!
I love Big Biz Melvins so damn much!!!!!

is Coady credited on that song too?

I can hear him on backing vocals, drums are anybody's guess.

johnnyg

heartandsorry

no one? ok here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiOrx_QPMBg

it's cut off too early unfortunately :(

props if you can find a live version on youtube with mark d.

jules

Quote from: heartandsorry on June 03, 2016, 01:25:45 AM
no one? ok here goes:
Well remembered! All that clean living is keeping your mind stainless-steel sharp!

If anyone wants a download code for Basses Loaded, PM me. I've only got one, so first PM gets it.