Author Topic: Basses Loaded  (Read 58735 times)

Offline (the) Razor

• Handler
  • Told you girls
    • View Profile
Re: Basses Loaded
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2016, 04:02:29 AM »
The highlight for me is maybe I'm amused, new melvins territory once again. Beer Hippie is good as well, like this record a lot. Could do without shaving cream but I actually could listed to ballgame again and again
Don't click this

Offline (the) flutter nuts

• watches fox red eye
  • We're in the middle of a shitstorm here Randy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2016, 05:00:48 AM »
I love all the songs. But shaving Cream is so awesome.
 I can listen to it over and over.
I got the shits real bad.

BERZERKER

« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2016, 05:52:31 AM »
After listening to the 5 first, the opening I like, a lot, 2, 3, 4 is ok and the 5th, Captain Come Down, is a real ballbuster!
.....listening......listening......
War Pussy is the next highlight, riffs from another world!

Is it just me, or does Buzz have som Ozzy Osbourne over his vocals in some of the tracks, that is Ozzy-likeness. I`m sure this is unintentional, but I like it.

This record will work like a blast live and on my car stereo!

For some reason Shaving Cream is not with on this stream:

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/full-album-stream/stream-melvins-new-record-basses-loaded-with-six-different-bassists

))))((((

« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2016, 06:10:55 AM »
The Basses Loaded CD is now in my possession. Just think, i could listen to this and rip up the artwork before most of you guys have even got your hands on it!!! Photo incoming at some point if i can be bothered to do so.

I love all the songs. But shaving Cream is so awesome.
 I can listen to it over and over.
Flutter, your level of Melvins fandom disturbs me! Is there anything they have put out you DON'T like??? Having said that i wondered recently if you appreciate a lot of their recent material because you are a big Ween fan. That's an act i just can't get into personally because i hate "goofy" music. Where i disapprove of that stuff you perhaps like it. Hence why you like Shaving Cream maybe?

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2016, 06:20:12 AM »
The Basses Loaded CD is now in my possession. Just think, i could listen to this and rip up the artwork before most of you guys have even got your hands on it!!! Photo incoming at some point if i can be bothered to do so.
Post a real pic I can use this time!
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2016, 06:25:43 AM »
Im not sure but i think that happened because i used a tablet to take the photo. I don't own a camera or a cell phone so that's the ONLY device i have that can capture an image. Some incapability to it or such.

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2016, 06:27:36 AM »
Im not sure but i think that happened because i used a tablet to take the photo. I don't own a camera or a cell phone so that's the ONLY device i have that can capture an image. Some incapability to it or such.
Dangit!
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2016, 07:13:02 AM »
In the liner notes it says "backing vocals by Kristy Joy" who's that? Im sure i've read that name before somewhere. Jared's wife or something perhaps? I wonder which song/s have the backing vocals.

Another thing is last night i watched that recent interview with Buzz, Dale and Steven and Buzz says that the songs on Basses Loaded where effectively sitting around. That they realised they had some of these songs recorded with different bass players and decided to put it out as an album. A similar thing happened with Everybody Loves Sausages too. I wonder if this is the shape of things to come from now on for the band. Simply recording new songs and then making them fit together as and when they wish to be considered a new record. I did think the album was a bit disjointed which now makes sense but at the same time i think there is something neat about that. About the concept of a compilation, an arrangement of, what you could term, odds and ends.

is Coady credited on that song too?
Going by the liner notes, yes Coady AND Jared on Choco Plumbing.

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2016, 07:18:40 AM »
In the liner notes it says "backing vocals by Kristy Joy" who's that? Im sure i've read that name before somewhere. Jared's wife or something perhaps? I wonder which song/s have the backing vocals.

Another thing is last night i watched that recent interview with Buzz, Dale and Steven and Buzz says that the songs on Basses Loaded where effectively sitting around. That they realised they had some of these songs recorded with different bass players and decided to put it out as an album. A similar thing happened with Everybody Loves Sausages too. I wonder if this is the shape of things to come from now on for the band. Simply recording new songs and then making them fit together as and when they wish to be considered a new record. I did think the album was a bit disjointed which now makes sense but at the same time i think there is something neat about that. About the concept of a compilation, an arrangement of, what you could term, odds and ends.

I'll take 2 albums like this a year. Don't care how they play in long form. I mix them up on tapes anyway.

Offline Oscar

• sun ra was right
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2016, 07:24:55 AM »

That's the girl that does Weekly Random. She bad Buzz and Kevin on in the past.

))))((((

« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2016, 07:26:27 AM »
Ha! That's a surprise. I knew i had heard that name somewhere. I wonder what her connection with the band is outside of the interviews.

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2016, 07:29:02 AM »
Ha! That's a surprise. I knew i had heard that name somewhere. I wonder what her connection with the band is outside of the interviews.
You didn't pay your Google bill, Ian?  :D

Offline Hot Pants

• melvins is gay
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2016, 08:46:19 AM »
jewel case fuck yes!!! and my tom and jerry blu-ray (on sale this week! finally bought it) came in a normal slim case instead of one of those shitty book things.

its a great day for my packaging ocd.

now to give the album and actual listen. :buzz:
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

))))((((

« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2016, 09:06:48 AM »
You didn't pay your Google bill, Ian?
I tired a search but it wasn't very forthcoming. There's a lot of people with that name apparently.

Offline Fuzzo

• former bassist
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2016, 09:15:15 AM »
Half way through first listen, loving it so far, great opening especially! I'll be seeing them play in Amsterdam this coming Monday, can't f**kin wait!