Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Ten Beers

Listening to it today while grilling at home with some brews. Love it :love:. It's like the companion album to Everybody Loves Sausages, but this one has mainly original songs.

EGO the Living Planet

Quote from: Bengerman on June 04, 2016, 03:59:19 PM
Also since I've already heard the majority of these songs on the original releases, it makes this sound like a collection instead of an album.

That's a big part of why I haven't been keeping up with the EP releases.

meezer

Watch out Hot Topic!  :lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

the ether bunny

Quote from: meezer on June 05, 2016, 01:04:58 AM
Watch out Hot Topic!  :lol:

:lol:

The Cure's greatest hits is my favorite hardcore album of all time.
he was a mongoloid.

FartLips

They are collections!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

danimal

Shaving Cream is great. After two listens, that and the opening track are my two favorites.

LuckMach3

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on June 04, 2016, 03:22:06 PM
Fuck that. I like the sillier songs. It's not wrong to laugh at music. Not to mention it fits the more "juvenile" nature of Melvins 1983

I do too.  It's a nice reminder that they aren't a pretentious band.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

))))((((

Quote from: LuckMach3 on June 06, 2016, 01:22:44 AM
It's a nice reminder that they aren't a pretentious band.
I've never really understood why people say pretentiousness in bands is a negative trait. I don't think it matters either way if a band takes what they do seriously and delve deeper into it. For me it's all about the outcome at the end, not how the musician's themselves relate to or communicate their craft.

Captain CoryCory

I just realized a White Zombie box set came out the same day as Basses Loaded. Weird.

meezer

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on June 06, 2016, 07:24:51 AM
I just realized a White Zombie box set came out the same day as Basses Loaded. Weird.
Do they still release music on Tuesdays?
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: meezer on June 06, 2016, 07:35:45 AM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on June 06, 2016, 07:24:51 AM
Do they still release music on Tuesdays?

I think it's been moved to fridays for releases
I got the shits real bad.

johnnyg

Fuck that. I like the sillier songs. It's not wrong to laugh at music. Not to mention it fits the more "juvenile" nature of Melvins 1983

I like the funny stuff too. Some people feel like it breaks the thematic parts of the "Serious" songs, but I think they act as a nice counterbalance. Also, although the funny songs are funny, they aren't just funny. "Shaving cream" and "Ballgame" have more to them than just being amusing. "Shaving cream" has a really neat, bizarre growth, from a music standpoint.

aeustin

Really liking this album so far, however...

I still have a complaint about this and the last few releases (bar TMaAB) regarding the drum mix. They sound really quiet and hollow.
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: johnnyg on June 06, 2016, 08:19:51 AM

I like the funny stuff too. Some people feel like it breaks the thematic parts of the "Serious" songs, but I think they act as a nice counterbalance. Also, although the funny songs are funny, they aren't just funny. "Shaving cream" and "Ballgame" have more to them than just being amusing. "Shaving cream" has a really neat, bizarre growth, from a music standpoint.

When you put it in that context it's even better. Honestly the first time I heard "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" I had a big grin. It's utterly beautiful.

That said, procured a CD copy today. Even if it is a bit disjointed at times I'm really enjoying it. Curious about the September album even moreso with two Melvins albums to hold us over.

That also said in closing, we have a trilogy of Melvins albums in 2016 and they're all (Barring the third one somehow isn't good) really solid! Not bad for a band nearly 35 years in the game!

aeustin

The McDonald tracks remind me a lot of the Deutrom years.
Wake up to yourself before you die
The truth is hard but it's easy to lie