Author Topic: Basses Loaded  (Read 58676 times)

Offline The Minneapolis Kid

• Fears SNIVLEM
  • Smoking crack with Grant Hart.
    • View Profile
Re: Basses Loaded
« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2016, 09:39:22 PM »
Curious - I love the Beatles and I love this cover - (especially dig the bass playing and the chorus section) - is the dislike of the track the song, the performance or the Beatles?
Listener error.
I still don't get the hate.  I found it one of their best covers of late.

Yeah I absolutely love it. It's one of my favorite Beatles songs and I think they covered it great. I'm loving Stevens back up vocals on that song a lot.
All the haters are just being hipsters.  :wink:

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2016, 09:59:51 PM »
Yes. It sounds weird. But I believe it's supposed to sound like a Beatles 45 on a shitty player. Even on the CD. I love it, but i wish all the novelty stuff was at the end of the album.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

))))((((

« Reply #317 on: June 19, 2016, 02:29:32 AM »
is the dislike of the track the song, the performance or the Beatles?
None really. Although 'I Want To Tell You' isn't one of my favourite Beatles songs, i do like The Beatles. I mean, Revolver is a great record! I just find this song not what i want to hear from Melvins, or more correctly it doesn't fit with the rest of the album for me. It's so out of place and a bit naff.

It plods along with a squalling midrange tone without any asskick or point.
Yes, that's it!

Offline sadcorps

• descendant of shirley temple
  • Melvins Fan since May 16, 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 19, 2016, 11:20:15 AM »
Damn. I do have to say Melvins fans are indeed music fans. Good answers all around from the likers and the dislikers. I am just glad no one said "I hate the Beatles." (insert your "I hate the Beatles" comment now.)
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself." - Gene Simmons

Offline oldies radio

• merch vulture
  • I said shotgun! Shoot it boy, right now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 20, 2016, 06:28:30 PM »
love this album!
All analog. Reel to reel. Fab Four. Little Deuce Coupe. Under My Thumb. Who's better than the Funk Brothers? No one!

Offline meezer

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Looking for vocalists
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2016, 07:42:13 PM »
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Offline FartLips

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • Lollars
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2016, 11:22:39 PM »
mount ambulance  "... tho it's hard to compete when my eyes keep getting distracted by Grim's juicy ass!"

Offline (PAUL)

• MITROWSKI!!!
  • YEAH
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #322 on: June 22, 2016, 01:03:41 PM »
Sounds like there might be a music video for Hideous Woman coming out at some point?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

Offline black stallion

• MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 22, 2016, 02:56:56 PM »
 :?

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Offline anaconda

• snake in the grass
  • Global Moderator
  • MITROWSKI!!!
    • View Profile
    • Brad Black Design Group
« Reply #324 on: June 22, 2016, 05:07:02 PM »
bizarre

BERZERKER

« Reply #325 on: June 24, 2016, 04:56:56 AM »
Ran Basses Loaded for the first time on my car stereo today and when I drove to fetch lunch War Pussy came on. God almighty that blew me away, the song title is so so, but the riffs, Buzz` vocals, the track in general, Melvins excactly how I view them, to the bone!

))))((((

« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2016, 08:57:19 AM »
Just seen the music video for 'Hideous Woman'. Worst Melvins music video yet! So bad i don't even wanna link it!

Offline (the) flutter nuts

• watches fox red eye
  • We're in the middle of a shitstorm here Randy
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 27, 2016, 09:33:40 AM »
Just seen the music video for 'Hideous Woman'. Worst Melvins music video yet! So bad i don't even wanna link it!

I got the shits real bad.

Offline DToxico

• INDEEEEEED
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2016, 10:41:37 AM »

I don't love it but don't understand what makes it so unspeakably terrible

Not trying to be a dick and I mean this in the sincerest way possible but judging from your posts isn't everything they do now the worst [blank] ever up to this point?

))))((((

« Reply #329 on: June 28, 2016, 10:47:49 AM »

I don't love it but don't understand what makes it so unspeakably terrible

Not trying to be a dick and I mean this in the sincerest way possible but judging from your posts isn't everything they do now the worst [blank] ever up to this point?
This is my worst post ever! No, it's okay that's a valid question and i can see why people wonder why i say things like that. I didn't say it was "terrible" i just said it was my least liked so far. I was kind of joking about the link thing.