Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 01, 2016, 02:19:43 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on July 01, 2016, 02:15:30 PM
I recall quite a few people complaining about the Hold It In vinyl.
That just left off 'House Of Gasoline' right?

They also left off "Eyes on You" as well. Those songs only appear on the AmRep 10".

Quote from: Dumpster D on July 01, 2016, 02:26:37 PM
Quote from: meezer on July 01, 2016, 07:34:20 AM
Album is 45:56 on CD with 12 tracks.

Maybe I'm Amused is 2:45

Yeah I think *technically* that should all fit on a 12 inch LP but then again no, that wouldnt Fit well on a pressing without losing huge amounts of Quality Im afraid, Im sure they tried it with a test pressing...but 45 Minutes is really close...was probably almost too close to call, they played it safe, Nude With Boots on Vinyl suffers profusely this very issue, and I think that album is about the same amount of time...so they cant win...people would still complain about the quality over the quantity, its a double edge sword.

Nude With Boots and Bride Screamed Murder both hit close to 45 minutes and were both single LPs (I recall NWB's vinyl having issues with the packaging as well.) but that loses sound quality too. I think it's the same issue as Hold It In. Leaving tracks on exclusive vinyl while the Ipecac release vinyl versions that aren't nearly as limited or expensive (As far as we know.).

That said one thing they could do is double LPs. Or just stop making albums close to 50 minutes and keep them about a length of Senile Animal (41 minutes) or Three Men and a Baby (36 minutes).

oldies radio

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 01, 2016, 02:19:43 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on July 01, 2016, 02:15:30 PM
I recall quite a few people complaining about the Hold It In vinyl.
That just left off 'House Of Gasoline' right?
:shock: on you
All analog. Reel to reel. Fab Four. Little Deuce Coupe. Under My Thumb. Who's better than the Funk Brothers? No one!

Chief Ten Beers

I have no problem with the shortened tracklist on the LP, I'll be buying it. I would have left off the Beatles cover, and put in Phyllis Dillard. I'm surprised they didn't include ...Ball Game, since that's part of the theme of the whole album concept. The tune with Novoselic is sort of filler anyway. I mean it's good, but the weakest of the "serious" songs.

the ether bunny

I have a copy of Disco Volante by Mr. Bungle on 180 gram vinyl. Total run time is 69 minutes and 31 seconds. I don't have a high end system by any means. I have a Stanton deck, and a Shure cartridge that ran me $50. It sounds great to me.

I'm just saying that not everyone has a multi thousand dollar audiophile quality rig, and personally, I'd rather have every song.
he was a mongoloid.

Dumpster D

Quote from: the ether bunny on July 01, 2016, 08:27:20 PM
I have a copy of Disco Volante by Mr. Bungle on 180 gram vinyl. Total run time is 69 minutes and 31 seconds. I don't have a high end system by any means. I have a Stanton deck, and a Shure cartridge that ran me $50. It sounds great to me.

I'm just saying that not everyone has a multi thousand dollar audiophile quality rig, and personally, I'd rather have every song.
right?

That running time cant be correct for the LP, Its got a double Groove cut doesnt it? that would make the pressing very shallow, and the 180g LP would only slightly compensate for that.

Anyway regardless of omitted Tracks, you could simply TAPE the Vinyl and add squeeze the tracks back on with the Ten inch too. Thats my plan to combat the missing cuts at least.  :idea:

#2 Pencil

Quote from: Dumpster D on July 01, 2016, 08:36:23 PM
Quote from: the ether bunny on July 01, 2016, 08:27:20 PM

right?

That running time cant be correct for the LP, Its got a double Groove cut doesnt it? that would make the pressing very shallow, and the 180g LP would only slightly compensate for that.

Anyway regardless of omitted Tracks, you could simply TAPE the Vinyl and add squeeze the tracks back on with the Ten inch too. Thats my plan to combat the missing cuts at least.  :idea:

Not 100% sure on the length, but the reissue (Plain or MOP) do not have the double groove. This is only on the original WB pressing. Platypus was supposed to be a single, that's why the original came with it on a 7". I don't know why the reissues didn't give you the 7" (except for the first 1000 on Plain Recordings), but the plates have Carry Stress and Secret Song as 1 track like the CD. I would also assume the same masters were used by Plain and MOP. They don't seem to be different with the exception of Plains have what sounds like bad surface noise. My Green copy on Plain isn't that bad, but the regular Black is terrible. I stress surface noise, not to be confused with colour or the crap in the Atlantic thread regarding colour vs black (something I have never agreed with anyway).
I heard their periods attract bears

Dumpster D

There could be a bootleg of Disco Volante in circulation possibly, might be the plain one with bad sound floor?

#2 Pencil

Quote from: Dumpster D on July 01, 2016, 10:32:12 PM
There could be a bootleg of Disco Volante in circulation possibly, might be the plain one with bad sound floor?

Possibly, but I did get both of mine upon release. I do recall everybody saying the same thing at the release of Plains also. Some even bagged everything they do. I have others, but they are fine to me, it's just that release. It sounds like how I've seen bootlegs made where they make a mould off the record. Or maybe dust got in the clear protective coating. It honestly sounds like the record has scuffs, but you can't see them.

As for the sound floor. The LPs seem to not pick up what I've noticed the cd do. All pressings are the same for this. The cd starts quieter than it finishes. Like what NIN did with Hurt. The WB pressing is the best though. MOP followed. Plain didn't seem to fuck up California. I have had others say this is the same, but mine is exactly the same as MOP for that.

I've moved from Ethers point though. He was on about the length. The album would be the length of all songs minus Platypus. Typing this makes me think it sounds like shit because Ether would be right. It still includes Nothing and the Hidden Drumming Track. I don't recall it on the WB pressing.
I heard their periods attract bears

Dumpster D

I want to see a Buzz and Dale style Terrence and Phillip, with an album Called Asses Loaded.

[attachment deleted by admin]

))))((((

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on July 01, 2016, 08:23:25 PM
I would have left off the Beatles cover, and put in Phyllis Dillard.
Yes, i'd have done the same too.

meezer

Quote from: Dumpster D on July 02, 2016, 02:13:54 AM
I want to see a Buzz and Dale style Terrence and Phillip, with an album Called Asses Loaded.
Friggin Canadians!  :D
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

jules

The Japanese CD comes with a Basses Loaded sticker, extra artwork including that of hand-written notes from Buzz, Dale and Pinkus to their Japanese fans and early 'pressings' had a download code for two extra tracks. I'll post photos next week when I'm home.

fortysixand2

Quote from: jules on July 07, 2016, 01:29:00 PM
The Japanese CD comes with a Basses Loaded sticker, extra artwork including that of hand-written notes from Buzz, Dale and Pinkus to their Japanese fans and early 'pressings' had a download code for two extra tracks. I'll post photos next week when I'm home.
Wonder what the extra tracks are?

(PAUL)

Hmm, maybe one is from the split with Le Butcherettes?
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: jules on July 07, 2016, 01:29:00 PM

:lol:
I got the shits real bad.