Basses Loaded

Started by Feast On Me, June 10, 2015, 04:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: jules on July 14, 2016, 05:53:24 AM
Quote from: jules on July 07, 2016, 01:29:00 PM
The Japanese CD comes with a Basses Loaded sticker, extra artwork including that of hand-written notes from Buzz, Dale and Pinkus to their Japanese fans and early 'pressings' had a download code for two extra tracks. I'll post photos next week when I'm home.

I'm home.

The 'two extra tracks' thing is a mystery. Either I didn't get an early enough copy, or it's an untruth.

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on July 09, 2016, 05:03:14 AM
:lol:

:shock:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Hot Pants

what, what? whats going on.

the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

Hot Pants

Quote from: JUDY on July 14, 2016, 10:50:09 AM
Ahhh! The Japanese Bulls & Bees credited the dotnet as well. I think I'll need to track this one down...
How exciting

is that just Bull & Bees solo, or with electro retard?

if theres one thing i might want to collect all of, it's bulls & bees... maybe.

edit: oh thats the JP Basses Loaded duh. i looked up B&B and it looks like it is paired with ER only. nvm

Hot Pants

Quote from: BERZERKER on July 14, 2016, 05:16:56 AM
Quote from: Hot Pants on July 14, 2016, 05:05:43 AM
yeah Mike and the Melvins is the better release by far for me

Mike and the Melvins is one of their best records ever, in my book.

nice! cool to see that someone holds it in such high esteem. i like it quite a lot myself.

GiveMe45

Quote from: Hot Pants on July 14, 2016, 03:48:59 PM
Quote from: BERZERKER on July 14, 2016, 05:16:56 AM
Quote from: Hot Pants on July 14, 2016, 05:05:43 AM
yeah Mike and the Melvins is the better release by far for me

Mike and the Melvins is one of their best records ever, in my book.

nice! cool to see that someone holds it in such high esteem. i like it quite a lot myself.
Probably top 5 of all time Melvins releases for me.  That list is ever changing....

Chief Ten Beers

Picked up the vinyl this week @ Record Theater in Buffalo for $17. No QC issues on my LP. Looks and sounds great. I sort of like that the LP is different than the CD, with the shortened tracklist. If I want to hear all the songs, I'll play the CD. For the meat & potatoes of this outing, will spin the LP. Besides that, 8 songs on a full length LP just works. It's what the best Led Zeppelin & Black Sabbath LPs had.
BTW the record store I went to had no copies of the Third Man reissues. I should have, but didn't think to ask if they had some and sold out quick or just hadn't gotten any in yet.

GiveMe45

I've only listened to the album through YouToob and loved it.  I bought the cd the day it came out but ended up giving it to a friend for a road trip he was on.  I should go see if my record store has the vinyl.

Had one of my weird occasional extreme vivid dreams a few days ago.  Somehow I was in a studio at a radio station where they were interviewing them on the air.  Then the DJ goes to play some of the album and it was Shaving Cream.  Somehow the DJ couldn't turn it off and Buzz was laughing at him.  I knew it was a dream pretty quickly because at different points Buzz had both his original short hair from the Ozma picture and then had his fro-hawk from around 93 or so.  Eventually Krist was there to do his song but then my alarm went off

meezer

Quote from: GiveMe45 on July 14, 2016, 08:51:30 PM

Had one of my weird occasional extreme vivid dreams a few days ago.  Somehow I was in a studio at a radio station where they were interviewing them on the air.  Then the DJ goes to play some of the album and it was Shaving Cream.  Somehow the DJ couldn't turn it off and Buzz was laughing at him.  I knew it was a dream pretty quickly because at different points Buzz had both his original short hair from the Ozma picture and then had his fro-hawk from around 93 or so.  Eventually Krist was there to do his song but then my alarm went off

That's a thing, you know.  :D

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=2346.msg27768#msg27768
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

BERZERKER

Quote from: Mints on July 14, 2016, 01:19:40 PM
You've both seen Dale's signature. It's nothing like that.

.....figured it out yet?

I`m not excactly going around remembering how the signatures of the members of my fav bandd looks like. I remember now that I have them both on a pre-signed poster I bought on Rockefeller in Oslo some years ago, but I honestly don`t go around and put that in to my photographic memory. And Ian is just as me just a fan of the music and he`s to is way past the age where you get autographs.

Mints

All that's LEFT is for you to figure out why his handwriting looks like differently.

black stallion

always a great day when you get something in the mail from jules  :ohsnap:

[attachment deleted by admin]

black stallion

i think Hideous Woman is the best song

Oscar

In a recent interview, Buzzo mentioned that the first section of Planet Destructo has been around since Mark was in the band. Makes sense, feel-wise.

Oscar

Quote from: BERZERKER on July 15, 2016, 02:35:20 AM
Quote from: Mints on July 14, 2016, 01:19:40 PM
You've both seen Dale's signature. It's nothing like that.

.....figured it out yet?

I`m not excactly going around remembering how the signatures of the members of my fav bandd looks like. I remember now that I have them both on a pre-signed poster I bought on Rockefeller in Oslo some years ago, but I honestly don`t go around and put that in to my photographic memory. And Ian is just as me just a fan of the music and he`s to is way past the age where you get autographs.

Dale probably had his kid write it.