June 28, 2015 Hamden, CT The Ballroom at the Outer Space

Started by Hot Pants, July 02, 2015, 04:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Pants

sure why the hell not. the Ballroom is a pretty decent venue. saw Buzz there on his solo tour and been there on a few other occasions.

the place was pretty packed, big line for the merch table before the doors opened, but they had a decent selection. wouldve bought a GPT shirt, but they didnt have my size... all i wound up spending money on was the two of the Walsby family jewelry pieces. those were cool.

Le Butcherettes killed it. not a dry pair of pants in the house id guess. videos dont do them justice. live they are fantastic.

i guess that was Voidmanes that came out (un-introduced) and preceded the Melvins? started out cool, got old after a few minutes. shit was loud. cant say i loved it.

MELVINS came out and crushed souls from the first note... Hag me, right? fucking heavy. so good. the setlist was kind of hit and miss for me honestly. the stuff i wanted to hear was some of the best shit i have ever seen live, and some of the stuff like a few of the covers and the middle section of The Water Glass were not nearly as exciting. James Gang cover was great though. Bull and Bees shit was fucking amazing as usual. Your Blessened, etc. the good was so good it heavily outweighed the less than stellar picks.

Pinkus has secured a spot in my heart as an official Melvin. He has really settled into the role and was great. Dale and Buzz were amazing as always. the band was very tight and had some serious groove going on. really good shit.

my ears didnt even ring for that long after. next morning i was feeling good. overall a really good night!
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep