What makes a typical Melvins fan

Started by StrangerDanger, July 18, 2015, 11:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deatheats

Billy Anderson's comment,

"Even in a stadium with 25,000 people, most of the booing-Dale retains control and brutality. ;)
I was doing sound at front of house, and i swear i almost couldn't get the p.a. louder than the booing of Rush fans. Great moment in time. Billy"

Uncle Fester

Quote from: Chris P. Bacon on July 23, 2015, 02:01:25 PM
Melvins fans are  the best... They are down to earth and can be a smart ass at times.. But you have to look over them cause 95% of the time their fucking with you..

I hate Tool fans they are the worst, they think they have this knowledge that no one else does..  Melvins fans are smarter though cause we notice shit like that.. But we just let them pretend their cool as us..
WHAT?  why didnt anyone tell me you were back chris p cream donut?! I remember that time you called me at work one day.

Uncle Fester

Quote from: Sludgebaby on July 23, 2015, 10:04:49 PM
I grabbed him by the arm, pulled him close, and whispered in his ear "me too brother... me too."
Clearly the best course of action to take in this scenario.

hemispheres

Quote from: Sludgebaby on July 24, 2015, 05:34:31 PM
Quote from: hemispheres on July 24, 2015, 02:37:07 PM
My biggest problem with fellow Rush freaks is that so many are too obsessed with technical playing and there's a good chunk that honestly believes there's no good music after the 80s. Other than Dream Theater, of course.  :x  :lol:

I know right? Power Windows to Test For Echo is possibly my favourite era for Rush, but almost every Rush fan I talk to says "Presto sucks! Worst Rush album ever!"

There are people on the fan forum who still feel "betrayed" by Signals.

I actually do think Presto was the beginning of a decline, but I love everything up to and including Hold Your Fire. Presto's got some great material, just shitty production that actually makes the songs worse for me. Same with Roll the Bones. Luckily, Counterparts and Test for Echo are ballsier-sounding.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

Sludgebaby

Quote from: hemispheres on July 24, 2015, 08:16:09 PM
Quote from: Sludgebaby on July 24, 2015, 05:34:31 PM
Quote from: hemispheres on July 24, 2015, 02:37:07 PM
My biggest problem with fellow Rush freaks is that so many are too obsessed with technical playing and there's a good chunk that honestly believes there's no good music after the 80s. Other than Dream Theater, of course.  :x  :lol:

I know right? Power Windows to Test For Echo is possibly my favourite era for Rush, but almost every Rush fan I talk to says "Presto sucks! Worst Rush album ever!"

There are people on the fan forum who still feel "betrayed" by Signals.

I actually do think Presto was the beginning of a decline, but I love everything up to and including Hold Your Fire. Presto's got some great material, just shitty production that actually makes the songs worse for me. Same with Roll the Bones. Luckily, Counterparts and Test for Echo are ballsier-sounding.

I forgot about Roll the Bones haha! yeah, not their best  :lol:
My favorite thing about Melvins is the goofy personality | These guys suck and Buzz is a pretentious hipster dork | This sounds nothing like Metallica. | Dales Dad was a drum, its in his blood. | King Buzzo's hair probably holds a lotta secrets | what the fuck is a stee? | Melvins as a way of life

meezer

This is fascinating to me. I can't stand Power Windows at all. No material, no lyrical content. It's like a rice cake. Also disliked Counterparts and Test For Echo. Just spinning the wheels in the mud, trying to seem relevant in the new "alternative" landscape. The three between (Hold Your Fire, Presto, Roll The  Bones) are actually a really good run, imo. I didn't get Vapor Trails until they were done touring but I was so relieved that it had no keyboards, just Les Paul's and fat stacks. It's nice that they play old stuff with synths and new stuff with none. Good mix. But '77 - '83 is the golden age for me.
Back to Melvins, I think Melvins fans demand quality and have a tolerance for weirdness that others lack.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Sludgebaby

Melvins fans are audiophile, record collecting losers <3
My favorite thing about Melvins is the goofy personality | These guys suck and Buzz is a pretentious hipster dork | This sounds nothing like Metallica. | Dales Dad was a drum, its in his blood. | King Buzzo's hair probably holds a lotta secrets | what the fuck is a stee? | Melvins as a way of life

Chris P. Bacon

Quote from: Uncle Fester on July 24, 2015, 07:33:28 PM
Quote from: Chris P. Bacon on July 23, 2015, 02:01:25 PM
Melvins fans are  the best... They are down to earth and can be a smart ass at times.. But you have to look over them cause 95% of the time their fucking with you..

I hate Tool fans they are the worst, they think they have this knowledge that no one else does..  Melvins fans are smarter though cause we notice shit like that.. But we just let them pretend their cool as us..
WHAT?  why didnt anyone tell me you were back chris p cream donut?! I remember that time you called me at work one day.

What's going on, man that was like 7 years ago.. Hahahaha..good to see you still here too.
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents-BOB ROSS

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

THE DON

I dont listen to the melvins, but im a fan.
dudumumu

Dumpster D

This band to me, resonates something unique and creative a lot of other bands and fans dont see that sets them apart in a lot of musical and artistic aspects.

:toke:

meezer

Seems the pill poppin insecure pussies joke has finally run its course.  :facepalm:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

ZILLA

########################################################################################################

meezer

Sludgebaby