Tilburg, Holland, 15/16-09/2015 Incubate Festival

Started by Michael Jordan, September 16, 2015, 10:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Jordan

Hola!
Great show last night, as always. Same setlist.
Dale is still a monster on drums. The rest of the guys were also sharp.
Nice venue.
Met Jules, Lunica, Maarten, Alex, and a few others who I can't remember their nicks right now. Missed my train back to Amsterdam after the show so ended up staying for more beers with Jules Maarten and Lunica.
Another show tonight. Unfortunately I won't be there  :( but Jules will keep us updated...
Why say no to drugs when you can say yes?

jules

Thankyou, Michael.  :D

DAY 1

The two days in Tilburg were awesomely good fun. Tilburg is the perfect festival town. Loads of venues and none more than a ten minute walk away. Spent the first afternnon mooching around town, getting to know the place.

As soon as the sun had set, the place became overrun by Boardies, all of whom liked a drink.

The merch table was more or less as before, but added to by two brown paper bag posters from a local artist (photos of the posters later - *EDIT*  see Budspawn's post on the Melvins Posters thread). That's Alesh selling merch, drummer of Gospel of the Future. There are a couple of Merzbow CDs there - he was playing at the venue the previous hour, no doubt making a lot of unnecessary noise.

One of the highlights of the evening, by the way, was seeing Tos Nieuwenhuizen (thanks, Maarten, for pointing him out) - there aren't many people who are mentioned by name in a Melvins song; 5 points if you can name the song.....

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

jules

DAY 2

While the sun was up and Lunica was at work, Maarten and I visited a monastery where, by a strange coincidence, the monks brewed beer and made salads. I discovered I like chicory. Which was useful as it's more or less all there was.

Luckily for us, the sun set again so we could get excited about the Melvins' second set. It turned out it was the same set as yesterday in a different order with a lot more drumming and Okie From Muskogee. Oh, and Jared was horizontal as much as he was vertical.

Rembrandt Pussyhorse

SKEETER!

Pleasure meeting you Jules, have a blast on the rest of the tour!
I could catch a monkey

jules

Vijf punten!

Likewise. You were missed the second night.

Lunica

Good times! Glad I didn't miss a completely different set :D
i don't have a square to spare. can't spare a square.

glen

one thing that needs to be said:    jules can DRESS       :wink:
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

buddy holiday

GrimReaper

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Uncle Danny

jules