Pick the best Melvins release of the last ten years

Started by joelk, November 14, 2015, 01:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveMe45

I think I posted somewhere else that Waterglass really threw me for a loop at first but after seeing it live a bunch of times it's actually one of my favorite songs.

DC

drumfreak:)

my favourite one is...i dont know.
there isnt a whole album that i liked that they released in the last ten years..
maybe freak puke or bride screamed murder
Has two bands with ridicolous names.

(the) Razor

Chicken Switch.

Everything else is just too mainstream.
Don't click this

danimal

goldennuggetrecordings

regarding the original post, I like suicide in progress a lot, but I think dog island was the most mind blowing one off that album.

vast filthy prison is like kinda sacred to me or something it's beautiful.

but as for albums, bride screamed murder and stag are currently tied for greatest melvins work to date. inhumanity and death is boring but the rest is awesome!

freak puke is up there too.

chicken switch isn't my thing, or thang....

I'm still warming up to everybody loves sausages.

hold it I'm some days seems really cool and other days seems really bland...

I honestly think captain comedown might be my least favorite song they've ever done that I've heard. it's just dull to me. it seems like they recycled a few riffs and tweaked them or something like it just seems like a quick filler song or something and doesn't do anything for me

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: (the) Razor on November 17, 2015, 05:42:14 AM
Chicken Switch.

Pitchfork confirmed.

That said, how did their two best albums not named Bullhead happen in the 2010s and why did they both come out in 2013?

(the) Razor

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on November 17, 2015, 06:11:46 PM
Quote from: (the) Razor on November 17, 2015, 05:42:14 AM
Chicken Switch.

Pitchfork confirmed.

That said, how did their two best albums not named Bullhead happen in the 2010s and why did they both come out in 2013?

Haha did PF actually rate that album? Wouldnt surprise me if it was rated higher than their "regular" releases.

On a serious note I'd actually say Hold It In or ASA. This Machine Kills Artists is one of my favourites but technically it's not a Melvin's album....Tres Cabrones too if it were an EP (the joke songs don't do much for me)
Don't click this

LuckMach3

Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

(the) Razor

Don't click this

hemispheres

Everything after Gluey Porch Treatments is pop music for posers :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-4Eetj33c9BgKiKCQYMkw
Subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want to know the truth.

oldies radio

All analog. Reel to reel. Fab Four. Little Deuce Coupe. Under My Thumb. Who's better than the Funk Brothers? No one!

Dick Snot

I probably listen to Tres Cabrones the most. Love the song Dogs and Cattle Prods

Bigval

Of the last ten years (A) Senile Animal, Nude With Boots and The Bulls & The Bees EP are what I rate really highly. B&B is pushing HAT for the best thing they've ever done in my opinion I still listen to it all the time.

But I think the four most recent studio albums The Bride Screamed Murder, Freak Puke, Tres Cabrones and Hold It In are all pretty average. I really liked that Melvins 1983 EP but the rest of what made it onto Tres Cabrones was disappointing.

What I really appreciate with the Melvins though is they just keep churning the albums out even if the quality isn't there so you don't really lose interest because the next one round the corner might be really good. Some bands that go 4-5 years between albums if they put out a crap album you can be waiting 10 years for the next decent one, assuming it even is and that for me hurts my interest in the band.

I would really like an ethereal gothic type sounding Melvins album like the B&B EP was.

ZILLA

The Bulls and the Bees is one of my favorite Melvins albums period.
########################################################################################################