Melvins and Napalm Death and Melt-Banana - Savage Imperial Death March Tour.

Started by (the) flutter nuts, December 01, 2015, 05:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FartLips

Quote from: Buttcakefred on April 14, 2016, 01:38:07 PM
Probably my least favorite set I've seen them do since I started seeing them (senile animal tour).
yep. The past few are not making me feel bad about missing them on tour.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

black stallion

Probably my least favorite set I've seen them do since I started seeing them (senile animal tour).

explain
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Buttcakefred

meezer

Quote from: fortysixand2 on April 14, 2016, 04:30:08 PM
Do they still do the Sweet Leaf intro?
Been a couple of tours since they did it, I think. Definitely not on this tour, though. Rush rush rush! Gotta make way for those dinosaurs in the final slot.  :P
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

(PAUL)

Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

dead mike

Quote from: FartLips on April 14, 2016, 01:54:18 PM
Did someone post the setlist here somewhere? I was gonna say I really dug it.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

LuckMach3

Quote from: dead mike on April 14, 2016, 06:38:40 PM

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/melvins/2016/underground-arts-philadelphia-pa-13f18d25.html

Zero complaints from me.  Every song sounded amazing.  I thought Decay of Lying sounded way better live too.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

FartLips

6 covers tho. How about euthanasia or easy as it was. Boris. Tipping the lion?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

johnnyg

Quote from: LuckMach3 on April 14, 2016, 08:17:04 PM
Quote from: dead mike on April 14, 2016, 06:38:40 PM

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/melvins/2016/underground-arts-philadelphia-pa-13f18d25.html

Zero complaints from me.  Every song sounded amazing.  I thought Decay of Lying sounded way better live too.

Agree 100%. That new song KICKS ASS. I liked how the set was a ot of unexpected tunes. Bloated Pope, Kiss cover, National Hamster, Kicking machine- I loved it.

johnnyg

Here's a merch report from Philly:
-War Pussy 10''
-signed copies of mike and melvins, vinyl and CD
-Regular CD of bulls and bees
-Regular CD of Melvins demos from Manchild
-letter press version of Jam tribute /47
-letter press of bowie tribute /17
-melvins jewelry (Walsby illustrations)
-Walsby art
-maybe a couple of other things, but that was all the rare stuff I think

LuckMach3

Quote from: FartLips on April 14, 2016, 10:55:11 PM
6 covers tho.

-Deuce and Frosted Flake lasted 2 mins each.

-With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands and Leech were more like a medley that lasted about 4 min total.

-Second Coming wasn't really played.  It was just a drum intro to Halo of Flies.  That's another 8 minutes.

Out of a 62min set they spent 16min playing covers.  Considering that they weren't the headliners it's still 46min of original Melvins music.  That's still longer than they played when they opened for Down.  Plus Melvins are great at doing covers!  I do wish they'd bring back Snake Appeal at some point.  It seems like it'd be easy to cram it into most sets.

PS Come to think of it there was a bootleg in Vinney's vault years ago where it seemed like half of the set was covers.  I think they played Tequila.
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

glen

who's going to argue with actual minute by minute breakdowns?    not I.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

buddy holiday

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 15, 2016, 07:17:43 AM
Not that it's ever going to happen, but i think Melvins should ditch this same set every night of a tour arrangement. Change things up a little, add a few rarely seen songs here and there. I could understand if they were a new act with only a couple of albums to fall back upon, but they've got 30+ years of songs!!
i understand that they play the same set every night, in the view that they want to deliver the best possible quality every night.

but i also agree with your point. they should do what you said and market it as a "special" tour. jules would need to see every date  :lol:

meezer

Some bands love that and swear by it.

The Grateful Dead
Phish
Ween

You see a pattern here?

Melvins aren't that type of band.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix