Melvins and Napalm Death and Melt-Banana - Savage Imperial Death March Tour.

Started by (the) flutter nuts, December 01, 2015, 05:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen

I'll admit it.   a little something is lost in the cookie cutter set.  it takes some of the emotion out of it.    it turns more into "put the piece in the part... put the piece in the part... put the piece in the part... put the piece in the part" and less into an artistic expression.     that being said.. they're the professionals.  I'm an idiot.  so I'll shut up and rock out.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Ghorn

Quote from: johnnyg on April 14, 2016, 11:58:13 PM
Here's a merch report from Philly:
-War Pussy 10''
-signed copies of mike and melvins, vinyl and CD
-Regular CD of bulls and bees
-Regular CD of Melvins demos from Manchild
-letter press version of Jam tribute /47
-letter press of bowie tribute /17
-melvins jewelry (Walsby illustrations)
-Walsby art
-maybe a couple of other things, but that was all the rare stuff I think

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed for merch tonight in NYC.

black stallion

Quote from: buddy holiday on April 15, 2016, 07:23:29 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on April 15, 2016, 07:17:43 AM
Not that it's ever going to happen, but i think Melvins should ditch this same set every night of a tour arrangement. Change things up a little, add a few rarely seen songs here and there. I could understand if they were a new act with only a couple of albums to fall back upon, but they've got 30+ years of songs!!
i understand that they play the same set every night, in the view that they want to deliver the best possible quality every night.

but i also agree with your point. they should do what you said and market it as a "special" tour. jules would need to see every date  :lol:

for a band like Melvins it works better keeping the same setlist every night. especially when you change bassist
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Buttcakefred

Quote from: meezer on April 15, 2016, 07:33:32 AM
Some bands love that and swear by it.

The Grateful Dead
Phish
Ween

You see a pattern here?

Melvins aren't that type of band.
There's also this band called Shellac and was another called Fugazi but....

meezer

Quote from: Buttcakefred on April 15, 2016, 02:52:16 PM

The Grateful Dead
Phish
Ween

You see a pattern here?

Well good for you. I don't listen to those bands. Just a making a generalization.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on April 15, 2016, 03:50:26 PM
Quote from: meezer on April 15, 2016, 03:23:39 PM
I don't listen to those bands. Just a making a generalization.
You don't listen to Shellac!!!!?!?!?!!!!!!!  :shock: :shock: :shock:
Didn't like it too much. Nasally voices. Treble-y guitar.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

LuckMach3

Quote from: black stallion on April 15, 2016, 02:26:03 PM
for a band like Melvins it works better keeping the same setlist every night.

This is correct.  Primus is one of my favorite bands and it's really obvious when they're playing a song that they don't play as often.  I was excited to get Prof Nuttbutter the first time I saw them live because they only played it about 4 times on that tour.  Les fucked up a few times and the band didn't sound nearly as tight as their Seas of Cheese set that they had been playing every night.

Same with The Melvins on their Endless Residency album.  Houdini live sounds tight because they play it a lot but there are lots of mistakes on Stoner Witch live.  It might be disappointing if you see them a lot on the same tour, or if you look at the set list in advance, but the way The Melvins currently do things is what makes their live set so tight and great. 
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

Dick Snot

What time will Melvins take the stage? Doors open at 6:30 tonight at Webster hall.

black stallion

Quote from: LuckMach3 on April 15, 2016, 04:16:26 PM
Quote from: black stallion on April 15, 2016, 02:26:03 PM
for a band like Melvins it works better keeping the same setlist every night.

but the way The Melvins currently do things is what makes their live set so tight and great.

totally!

also they've been changing the set list a lot since the tour with Pinkus. or the European tour with BB
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Ghorn

No records at Webster Hall. WTF? Told not to bring them in. FUCKING LAME. :(

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: Dick Snot on April 15, 2016, 04:38:32 PM
What time will Melvins take the stage? Doors open at 6:30 tonight at Webster hall.

Best board name!!!!
I got the shits real bad.

joelk

Nobody has really mentioned the Napalm Death set so far. Any thoughts on how this band is doing? Is the Mitch Harris replacement adequate?

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: Buttcakefred on April 15, 2016, 02:52:16 PM

The Grateful Dead
Phish
Ween

You see a pattern here?

To an extent I'd lump in Primus in this same boat though it's more a few of the same songs every night with a rotating set of songs and the occasional three song encore.

GiveMe45

Quote from: joelk on April 16, 2016, 03:20:45 PM
Nobody has really mentioned the Napalm Death set so far. Any thoughts on how this band is doing? Is the Mitch Harris replacement adequate?
Also very curious.

GrimReaper

The replacement guitarist does a great job. Barney gives him shit about his dreads and being a noob etc.

I liked the set, typical Napalm Death, songs from all periods of the group.