Author Topic: Melvins With Steven McDonald On Bass  (Read 32479 times)

ilduclo

Re: Melvins With Steven McDonald On Bass
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2019, 10:00:09 AM »
I'd like to see Joe Preston with them again, as an opener and sitting in. Joe's from Salem, have you been seeing him around at all, 45?

Offline sadcorps

• descendant of shirley temple
  • Melvins Fan since May 16, 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »
I wish Melvins were Steve free! Surely he can keep busy enough away in Redd Kross and Off! whilst staying away from Melvins? Just keep it - Buzz, Dale, Jeff/Trevor.

That is not going to happen any time in the near future. Steven is a seriously badass player, has the kind of work ethic that the Melvins require and Steven and Dale are so tight that Steven and Dale both play together in Melvins, Redd Kross, Dale Crover Band and sometimes OFF!

Of course Melvins will continue to work with other bass players here and there, but I don't see them becoming "Steve Free".

I for one could not be happier as Melvins and Redd Kross are the two greatest living bands in the world since at least 1987 when I came upon them both.
"Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself." - Gene Simmons

ilduclo

« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2019, 04:30:10 PM »

I for one could not be happier as Melvins and Redd Kross are the two greatest living bands in the world since at least 1987 when I came upon them both.

Red X? Certainly not what I heard, but then that's the first time I've seen them. Way too much vocals. I was asking myself whether it was a CSNY show or Vienna Boys Choir. Steven was good on bass with Melvins, but Red X?  =;