Melvins With Steven McDonald On Bass

Started by meezer, December 03, 2015, 07:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on December 04, 2015, 10:40:03 AM
Quote from: meezer on December 04, 2015, 10:37:25 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on December 04, 2015, 10:36:18 AM
Quote from: Bengerman on December 04, 2015, 10:29:16 AM
It can't be credibility cuz the Melvins have more cred than anyone
Do they??
Do you?
Maybe. Who knows! Any perceived "cred" is probably held by a mere fraction of the number of people who know me. Same goes for Melvins or any band really.
You know who has too much cred for their accomplishments? Earth. No rings.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

ZILLA

I was wondering if  Napalm Death may be headlining because they would get a little more $$$ and have the extra travel expense of that jump across the pond. I wonder who will draw more people Melvins or ND?
########################################################################################################

Bengerman

I mean they've been around for over 30 years and have never taken a "hiatus" from touring or recording. They've never broken up. They have the best work ethic of any band I can think of. They have influenced several overground  bands as well as countless underground  bands all spanning different genres. I would say that, amongst other things, gives them credibility. What is credibility to you? How many bands say they were influenced by napalm death other than a bunch of bands that u can't even read the name on the album cover?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: meezer on December 04, 2015, 10:44:23 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on December 04, 2015, 10:40:03 AM
Quote from: meezer on December 04, 2015, 10:37:25 AM
Quote from: ))))(((( on December 04, 2015, 10:36:18 AM
It can't be credibility cuz the Melvins have more cred than anyone
Do they??
Do you?
Maybe. Who knows! Any perceived "cred" is probably held by a mere fraction of the number of people who know me. Same goes for Melvins or any band really.
You know who has too much cred for their accomplishments? Earth. No rings.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

The Fly

I think they are calling this a co-headline tour; which could mean variations of whose-on-first.  They could switch up the line-up throughout the tour (alternate) or even make some super-lineup like the Fantomas things.  But seeing that some larger venues are on the map (Sunshine Theater ABQ instead of the usual Launchpad gig), I bet the standard set is Melvin's opening up for Napalm Death with perhaps a guest appearance mash-up closer.  Just a hunch. 

It would seem to me that the Melvins are reaching out to a more traditional metal audience on this round, teaming with a heavy hitter like Napalm Death to get more exposure in the jeans-and-leather back patch metal scene.  Good business at the least.  Smart move, despite bumming out a few aging hipsters in ever-tightening two-headed puppy t-shirts.

Should be a great show, even if you aren't a huge Napalm fan.  Just drink more.  It works every time. 

Maybe we'll get a Melvins t-shirt in heavy metal font, full of battle axes and blood splatter that can't really be read anyways. 

Seeya in Burque....

immoraliste

I saw Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse  co-headlining tour earlier this year. They alternated headline slots. Alternating headline slots is my guess. Either way, this'll be fucking amazing.

meezer

Quote from: The Fly on December 04, 2015, 12:00:31 PM
I think they are calling this a co-headline tour; which could mean variations of whose-on-first.  They could switch up the line-up throughout the tour (alternate) or even make some super-lineup like the Fantomas things.  But seeing that some larger venues are on the map (Sunshine Theater ABQ instead of the usual Launchpad gig), I bet the standard set is Melvin's opening up for Napalm Death with perhaps a guest appearance mash-up closer.  Just a hunch. 
:-k
Smart move, despite bumming out a few aging hipsters in ever-tightening two-headed puppy t-shirts.
:anonymous:

Should be a great show, even if you aren't a huge Napalm fan.  Just drink more.  It works every time. 

Maybe we'll get a Melvins t-shirt in heavy metal font, full of battle axes and blood splatter that can't really be read anyways. 

Seeya in Burque....
The ABQ?  :-s

meezer

Alright, kids. There's a dedicated thread for this topic.

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=20859.msg566217#msg566217

Now back to little blind* Stevie Mac

*not actually blind.  :D

GiveMe45

Technically ND have been around longer and while you'd think Melvins being on a major for a while would put them ahead in sales, ND were on Columbia for one album around the same time and I've heard from credible sources that some of their classics have sold over a million worldwide cumulatively.  ND have never broken up or gone on any lengthy hiatus. 

I'm not trying to argue, I think both bands are up there in the credibility and influence department.  I'm beyond excited that I get to see two of my all time favorites share the stage and I'm tempted to do a little traveling with this tour.  Would be awesome if they rotate slots each night but I'll take it any way they give it.

DC

Imagine this set. Melt Banana comes on in whatever form they've taken now (two piece I think?) And gets you all riled up. Really go apeshit bringing it hard because they know they're a fine band but have to contend with two musical titans and that's gonna put them on offense from note one.

Then Melvins come out with a set of either hideously crushing Maggot era drop c fuck you that shakes the shit from your already heavily damaged bowels or just play a forty minute version of Tipping the Lion and then do the intro to Eye Flys for another 50, you dunno what's gonna happen. I will bet money on the former, but you can't trust em really.

Then Napalm Death comes out and takes a belt sander to your taint and that's about all I expect from them, so excited to see these three bands in one night, fuck.

DAYSTAR

Quote from: DC on December 04, 2015, 04:17:57 PM
Imagine this set. Melt Banana comes on in whatever form they've taken now (two piece I think?) And gets you all riled up. Really go apeshit bringing it hard because they know they're a fine band but have to contend with two musical titans and that's gonna put them on offense from note one.

Then Melvins come out with a set of either hideously crushing Maggot era drop c fuck you that shakes the shit from your already heavily damaged bowels or just play a forty minute version of Tipping the Lion and then do the intro to Eye Flys for another 50, you dunno what's gonna happen. I will bet money on the former, but you can't trust em really.

Then Napalm Death comes out and takes a belt sander to your taint and that's about all I expect from them, so excited to see these three bands in one night, fuck.

Seems like ND have put together a "bands we love wishlist" instead of "bands we like and make sense genre-wise" tour.
I hope touring with ND brings out the more brutal side of the melvins and that momentum goes all the way to the studio. Also I am very interested to see another outsider bassist brought into the world of melvins. What is SM's take on Night Goat? How does his energy with the more upbeat RK and OF¡ translate to the potential heaviness of melvins? More excited about SM than Pinkus. 

DToxico

Melvins have been around longer I would think. It can't be credibility cuz the Melvins have more cred than anyone and probably influenced napalm death.

Pssst

"Napalm Death were formed in the village of Meriden near Coventry, in the United Kingdom, in May 1981"

(the) Razor

Quote from: immoraliste on December 04, 2015, 12:19:35 PM
I saw Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse  co-headlining tour earlier this year. They alternated headline slots. Alternating headline slots is my guess. Either way, this'll be fucking amazing.

Yeah, I saw NIN and QOTSA last year, they flipped a coin to take turns on who opened. Lucky I got NIN over and done with first off.  :lol:
Don't click this

black stallion

a long haired bassist is always welcome! =D>
Charmicarmicat:Bastards